Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roots Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 7:34am
Originally posted by mskeete mskeete wrote:

I think they can sould OK if crossed over at 4K with some eq or just balanced right with the rest of the speakers.
Could be time for a tweeter shout out (I'll judge from outside the room)

id agree...
ive got 48 motorola piezos for when we need to reinforce the big dub sound.....
They get high pass at 5khz, run thru a graphic...and they aint bad..
Clearly i used comp drivers for anything else....
but eh....lets keep it roots!!!
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 3:43am
To be honest i've not heard many roots systems but piezos do have a certain crispness and 'crack' to them that i've not heeard from any comp driver, hard to describe but less fizzy and more attack.  Certainly a unique sound and very nice if not overdone/overdriven, although not neccessarily a true representation of the source material - but then thats not always desired!! 
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 3:55pm
piezos sound like knifes and forks being scraped toghter hurt your teeth but all used um at begining well i did ha
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 7:16pm
Don't think I've heard piezos sound nice. Usually just sounds like white noise over the top of the track. Titanium tweeters sound 'splashy' but I think they have better definition.

OTOH...

One thing that strikes me is that supertweeters only have to cover an octave and a bit, and anything above about 10k is a hiss or a whine to the human ear, so if there's too much of it, it WILL sound harsh.
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
Freddy Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddy Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

piezos sound like knifes and forks being scraped toghter hurt your teeth but all used um at begining well i did ha

You love em.   you love em.  you love em.  you love em.

next thing you'll be telling me speakons, 8 poles and XLRs are a good idea.
TAIL LIFT
Humble Tafari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 3:04pm
respeks
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 10:37am
Rog I've gotta say I'm disappointed, I would've thought someone who's been doing speakers for so long would have the lingua down a bit better than that!

Maybe you need to spend a little less time helping Void make ridiculously good amps and brush up on your patois instead!

Wink
sheffield-junglist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Tom Umney Tom Umney wrote:

Nope titanium bullets or slots do super highs much better then piezos, and sound  much better and don't make your ears ring as much afterwards.

ClapClap

I agree! I love both of these types of tweeter, really crisp and nice but don't hurt your ears.
Slots are insanely useful for dispersion also, just aim em so their skimming the crowds heads, jobs a good un

edit: I know some proper techie is gunna say summat about this not necessarily being the case LOL

ClapClapClap

Edited by sheffield-junglist - 08 March 2009 at 11:33pm

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 9:03pm

OK, cheers.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Humble Tafari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 10:48pm

Makes sense to me.

As this site currently allow free promotional adverts for the dances.

Charity events is definitely understandable.

Respeks

Edited by jbl_man - 15 June 2009 at 2:02pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 10:54pm
this is silly

the way the threads work is

first the flers areposted up

then people say if they will go

then the night happens

then the people that went tell us all about the soundsystems and which sounded better?

move it to unmoderated if you want but dont censor it!

time to give fsp another look i think
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

move it to unmoderated if you want but dont censor it!

time to give fsp another look i think

Do you mean http://www.freespeakerplans.com/ ?

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>