Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst rigs on the planet..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 154>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

They're called Diverted and to be fair that was their first rig, they appear to be smashing it now and putting on some great free parties. I'm trying to find some shots of the first stuff I cobbled together. :)

before you had a kick section Shocked

I still don't have one LOL
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
Parkend10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parkend10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 11:34pm
Just found this and thought it might be worthy of this thread - It may even have come up before. 
Wonder if anyone recognises the rig?

The groove is a pretty familiar rehash of a Moroderesque 70's thing thoughTongue

Edited by Parkend10 - 24 March 2016 at 11:37pm
HH Concert Radial x 4
HH PRO 200 x 8
HH Concert Bass x 8
HH VX 1200PDC x 8
DBX Driverack, Behringer DCX2496, Behringer X32, HH Queensberry, HH MISCARA
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 12:14am
YES THEN, wish i made it to the one on the race course could hear and see it all the way camping in ditchling. 
Ruggeddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruggeddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 6:34pm

Edited by Ruggeddave - 13 November 2016 at 6:35pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 2:56pm
never sure where to post random stuff like this...

saw this last night. at head height, on the dancefloor. checked it with a socket tester... live! but wired and earthed correctly..

MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

never sure where to post random stuff like this...
Here is as good as any.

Obviously.......Shocking!!ShockedShockedShocked

Any number of causes, but to leave it like that is just as culpable to manslaughter, as the original dodgey plug and appliance.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 10:04pm
Unfortunately no photos as at the moment this is a job in progress and I want to get paid when its done(Wink) but I got asked to look at a local install yesterday, seven(??) cabs of various size and manufacturer around the dancefloor in various states of repair, a pair of Behringer subs under the booth which seem to work surprisingly well considering most of the tops are blown, three amps full of dust behind the bar with the best one being a Berry ep2500, out of the six available amp channels two produce sound, not sure if dodgy wiring as yet or as in the case of one of the amps; If channel b is used it trips the mains breaker (the reason why they asked me to take a look), the wiring behind the amps is like a snakes wedding in a spaghetti factory, and one of the 'djs' has 'had a look at it'. What was really amusing though was that every speaker except the bass bins had two speakon cables plugged into it, if half of them had two cables I could understand it as it would mean the other half are run in parallel from them but that didn't seem to be the caseConfused. Anyway, I only had an hour to have a look at things last night and managed to get quite a good sound from one pair of tops and the subs  (which is all the room needs really) and have to go back in the week. I did mention it to the landlady that it basically all needs to be ripped out and started again with which went down well.Big smile 
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 10:07am
What you've never plugged into 10 cabs as a ring before Big smile Sounds like a nightmare.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 9:31am
It has been a while since I featured in this thread, so felt it only fair to contribute.

Some may recall the recent thread about me dusting off my DJtastic choons, and being asked to do a wife's friend's 40th Birthday.

Context is everything. I had no time to set up. It was on a first floor. No where to park, with double yellow lines everywhere. So proper small and speedy was the order of the day.....

So laptop to Pioneer DDJ-RB surface, into DJM-3000 mixer, with 2xCDJ-1000mk3 for any CDs I hadn't ripped. PG48 (needed a switch...) and my Beyer DT109. All sat on a modified Ultimax DJ Stand.

Noise from a stereo pair of Proel Flash 8A, and a Proel SW110AV2 active sub (sub summed mono). It was for what turned out to be for 30 people, so forgive me for not bringing in a kick section.

Lighting was 4 ColorStrip Mini as "traffic lights", master slave DMX linked, so quite pretty and bright enough, and bolts directly to the deck of the ultimax stand, along with two Prolight iSolution iMove 5 yoke spots. Blindin'...

The second laptop (yeah, really, for 30 people!) was running the powerpoint slideshow on 3 of venue's 42" screens, of the birthday girls life in pictures, and then we had a Powerpoint of videos, for people who couldn't make it (she is French, so has family in France), also audio to DJM. So HDMI over Cat distribution (kramer) as well.

And don't forget, 3 minutes before we were supposed to "Run VT Errol" on the video ppt, got a dropbox of the main video, from her parents! You can imagine how much fun cutting and shutting that into the ppt was at the last minute.

So, be kind, but feel free to mock. It may amuse to note that the venue owner asked me to turn the bass down, as it was rumbling downstairs. FFS.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

...PG48 (needed a switch...) ...

I always carry an XLR mic lead with an XLR that has the built-in switch. Brilliant idea until you come across someone who tries it on phantom! ;)

Nice little rig though, just a shame you couldn't be ars3d to take a kick section.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 3:45pm
Im sorry youre not allowed "worst rig" status! If you would have wrapped a cloth around the table to hid the cables it would have been a nice little setup!

I have a couple of little 2.1 setups and yours is about on par with mine! Except mine is all passive. I am working in a tiny active set but its wonder how high to run my tops as they are double 4" drivers...

Anyway, considering you was as to do it as a favour i think you did bloody well! The"dj booth" was a little overkill but it sure looked pretty

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

If you would have wrapped a cloth around the table to hid the cables it would have been a nice little setup!
I couldn't be arsed!

I was proper in the wrong frame of mind for the gig, absolute last minute rush of BS got in the way of proper planning, loads of crap changing at the last minute, coupled to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to drink, as driving back to unit after derig.

Mid afternoon before, I found out the venue owner who was going to let me set up at 3-4pm, wasn't going to make it before 7pm. Gig was supposed to start at 7pm for 7.30 arrival of birthday girl! Just a day of carnage and sweats.

I knew I was on a hiding to nothing. Every feckin' one of them told me what to play. Typically one person asked for Cotton Eye Jo, and the next asked for Beyonce, then Communards, then Stomzi, then Michael Ball. Try stringing that lot into some form of party set. The only thing I wasn't asked for was some Quo! Made a Radio 2 playlist look bangin'.

There is no pleasing all the people all the time, and with me at the wheels of steel, there was no pleasing anyone, any of the time.

The DJ Booth was for my convenience, and to hide behind. The supports for DJ laptop and surface are bolted and wing-nuts through ply deck, and sized to perfectly take the DJM +2 x CDJ, in flight cases, and have a M10 + wing-nut to retain the 4 colorStrip Minis, 2 above, 2 below. All designed for speed and reliability.

I'll stick to being behind a proper mixing desk, if you don't mind. Give me an all day conference any time, far less to worry about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 154>