Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powerstation 1200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerstation 1200
    Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:41pm
Bit of a long shot but has anybody got a schematic for the amp board in a Soundcraft Spirit Powerstation 1200 powered mixer ???

Ive got one for the 600 but I need one for the 1200.

Thanks folks

Kev
starstruck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:00pm
Cry

any body ?

Kev
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:44pm
Hi,

You tried it here? Make a request and somebody might have it. Wink

http://www.freeservicemanuals.net/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:53pm
thanks , just put a request on the site Smile
Kev
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 8:03pm
Hi,

just a tip. In case nobody responds, you need to bump your request from time to time, let's say... 2-3 times per day. Smile
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 9:03pm
Have you tried Soundcraft?

These arent the most complicated amps in the world, whats wrong with yours

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 22 October 2010 at 9:04pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 10:08am
The screws coming out of the heatsink I would think, Had 2 in last week both with that same problem.
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 12:41pm
Thanks folks, the mixer belongs to a mates band and by coincedence I happened to standing next to it when it started going crazy then started smoking !

Ive been in touch with soundcraft and they want £20 for the manual and Im just trying to save the band some cash but it doesn't look like its going to happen so I might just have to buy it !

Your correct the amps arent that complicated , Ive just finished repairing a POwerstation 600 that had 4 blown fets and a fusible resistor on the negative power supply. The circuit in the 1200 is similar with twice the output fets but the layout and ref designators are completely different.

The issue with this one is that it went crazy (to me that would mean a power supply issue) then started smoking. I opened it up fully expecting to see burnt components or tracks on the amp board but found nothing ! Also checked the mixer board and also found nothing !

Ive powered it back up and it comes alive but has +96V dc on the output of all the fets !! which my gut feeling is the fusable resistor in the -ve supply , strange thing as well is the DC protection isn't kicking in as keeping the output relays closed .

Im strugling for time fault find it blind hence looking for the schematic

If I don't find it soon I will order the manual from soundcraft and the band will just have to find the cash.

Kev
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 3:47pm
fets?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 3:51pm
OK , fair point .

Power transistors Wink
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 3:58pm
That's what I thought, should be mj15024 and 25's
From what you've said am I correct in assuming that one of the rails is showing on the output? Seems a little unusual as the mute circuit is normally quite reliable, maybe that's a clue?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 4:07pm
Yip correct, MJ15024's and 25's.

The 600 I fixed had four shorted transistors and when I replaced them they had around 60V DC on the output (smaller voltage due to the smaller output power) . Everywhere I checked had the same voltage and I found a fusable resistor on the -ve supply had blown hence everything was just being pulled up to the +ve rail.

All the fusables on the 600 where easily spotted as they stood well off the PCB but not on the 1200 !

The mute circuit detects DC on the output and opens the relaysso whilst it is very stange its not working I dont think that is the cause, it might be a symptom however so worth having a look at.

Like I said , when it when dead there was LOTS of smell and smoke but theres no signs of any heat damage at all !!! Im glad I was standing next to it when it happened otherwise I would never had believed it.

Cheers
Kev
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>