Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp Internals 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 260>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amp Internals 2
    Posted: 15 February 2024 at 2:56pm
you'll need an HK Polar 12 amp module. The Mk1 is fan cooled and the Mk2 (the new type) does not need a fan. The Mk2 board appears a little different but the connectors are the same. The module is available bare bones or on a rear plate which I doubt would fit a Soundking cabinet.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2024 at 2:13pm
so greatful for your response, thanks. its exactly the same as the one I've got that has blown...would you have any details of what I need to tell them it is as I've sent them a photo and they've asked for more details?

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2024 at 2:05pm
the one in my post was obtained from Polar Audio in Burgess Hill, however it was an 'upgraded' pcb issued by HK.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2024 at 9:28am
Hi Kevin

I'm after one of these Soundking Artos-1000 amp module, would you have any idea where i can buy one in the UK? your picture is the only one i can find trudging through google
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2024 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Anyway..back on track.....one of the Studiomaster Mosfet 1000's inside that Robbo spoke about on the previous page. 12 Hitachi mosfets per side, K135/J50's.

I think you have the only Studiomaster Mosfet 1000 from the face of the earth with 12 O/P per ch and vertical input board LOL all the rest have 10 O/P per ch and horizontal input board LOL
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

When JBL first started making their 10inch K110 driver in the late 60's-early 70's, almost 90% of the production failed to meet the strict response criteria during final testing,and were all sent straight back for re-coning. So when you actually purchased one, it would be totally correct.
Can't see that happening today on any audio product. If it turns on, will be sent out as passed. Ermm

Well,because the manufacturers we're fighting for quality and reliability before,nowdays they fighting only and ONLY for profit!
EmPro Audio
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 3:32pm
When JBL first started making their 10inch K110 driver in the late 60's-early 70's, almost 90% of the production failed to meet the strict response criteria during final testing,and were all sent straight back for re-coning. So when you actually purchased one, it would be totally correct.
Can't see that happening today on any audio product. If it turns on, will be sent out as passed. Ermm
Be seeing you.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 1:55pm
Its kinda comical. I worked for a well know hifi company in the early 90s, which had bought some dead brands and started churning out stuff in China. I compared a few of the internals, and as you say, the same models often had different parts. I remember demoing a dac for a friend, I got 6 out of stock and we settled on the one with the least transformer hum...
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Lucasdude Lucasdude wrote:

I think a lot of the failures in modern amps stem from the use of cheap components which have a much wider tolerance than good quality closer matched ones. This also means that it's likely even 2 boards from the same production line don't sound exactly the same.

Yes,i had loads of amplifiers on my hand that had nothing to do R ch with L ch,i also found tottaly different parts in new amplifiers betwin R and L channel! this is another reason that i don't wanna hear about ,,new stuff'' at least you pay crap money for crap stuff,so form this point of view i'm agree LOL

Edited by EmPro - 24 December 2023 at 12:50pm
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 11:58am
I think a lot of the failures in modern amps stem from the use of cheap components which have a much wider tolerance than good quality closer matched ones. This also means that it's likely even 2 boards from the same production line don't sound exactly the same.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 9:37am
"i call this evolution!!"

Or privatization! Always a good idea. Just look at the UK water companies. Pumping shit into your home!

Or the North Sea gas debacle. Just compare to Norway, where the money was put into a public sovereign fund, for the good of all, not just a few City investors. It does make you sick...    Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 8:43am
well,only craps and corporate's explanations,back in the day we had 100 hydro power plants that are not f the planet in any way,we had electricity to power three countryes no problem and cheap as hell,after democracy comed...they close them all and now crying that we have not enaugh power...and obviously not because they shut down the power plants...but because the population has increased....sure LOL half of the god damn Romanians are out from Romania,millions of us left that crap country,and still not enaugh electricity for the remaining ones LOL and is 6x more expensive than before LOL so yeah....i call this evolution!!
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 260>