Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp Internals 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 260>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 6:02pm
It's the only album I had to hand released in the year the amp was made. Besides it is a very well engineered recording unlike alot of the overcompressed rubbish you get these days!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

mystyca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystyca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:19am
General rule when testing audio equipment is to use a recording you know well. Pointless using an album you're unfamiliar with. I know some hi-fi dem guys used to go with a copy of tracy chapman, dire straits or pink floyd.
Never mock anyone's taste of music, if we all liked the same music a lot of groups like coldplay would be signing on at the jobcentre (I hate them but that's my opinion).
For me Gladys Knight and the pips midnight train to Georgia does the job everytime. Even though I would normally listen to the beatles, pink floyd and metallica... (open your mind for a different view).
DJ
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by mystyca mystyca wrote:

General rule when testing audio equipment is to use a recording you know well. Pointless using an album you're unfamiliar with. I know some hi-fi dem guys used to go with a copy of tracy chapman, dire straits or pink floyd.
Never mock anyone's taste of music, if we all liked the same music a lot of groups like coldplay would be signing on at the jobcentre (I hate them but that's my opinion).
For me Gladys Knight and the pips midnight train to Georgia does the job everytime. Even though I would normally listen to the beatles, pink floyd and metallica... (open your mind for a different view).

Perhaps putting a giant smiling emoticon after my post was not enough indication that I was joking! I think we need a new punctuation set. Big smile
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:49pm
Amplifier board from a JBL Eon 515.

Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:51pm
The flip side.

Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:10pm
Lots of components to rattle off, goody.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:19pm
I´ve had some fun with the smaller brother:

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-eon-315-amplifier-pcb-444971-001/#prettyPhoto[product-gallery]/0/

(Thankfully) not met that one yet...  Ermm

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:02pm
Had so many of these for repair, most were around by the start up power supply to get the main SMPS going (bottom left of picture on the top side), replaced surface mount 8 pin chip, inductor as well as the relay, i am sure that this was a design flaw or bad batch/underated components fitted ?????.

Edited by simonp1100 - 02 May 2014 at 6:04pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:28pm
looks like a crown design with that PWA part reference
Kevin

North Staffordshire

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Amplifier board from a JBL Eon 515.

my friend has a pair of 515 xt's  he reckons they are 625 rms watts LOL so far i havent been impressed with any eon speaker i have heard .

feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 12:20pm
Powersoft Digimod 1000

Kevin

North Staffordshire

spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 12:28pm
How's that repair treating you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 260>