Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp Internals 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 260>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gerry_morales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry_morales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 12:57pm
hi there jr,  i am also repairing the same amp on my repair table, an old ca9....... just wanna ask if the power supply board is a multi layer .........  i am having hardtime checking the schematics with regards to the psu brd, could not follow the traces.......... any idea if its a multilayer brd....
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 2:17pm
Crown XTI 1002, 2002, 4002
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by gerry_morales gerry_morales wrote:

hi there jr,  i am also repairing the same amp on my repair table, an old ca9....... just wanna ask if the power supply board is a multi layer .........  i am having hardtime checking the schematics with regards to the psu brd, could not follow the traces.......... any idea if its a multilayer brd....

yes, it's multilayerd.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 2:22pm
What's the problem with the CA9?

Edited by JR.junior - 01 February 2015 at 2:26pm
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 11:57pm
Crest 9001 Nexsys from earlier post. Board is totalled, this is going to be a dear fix.

All output transistors on one half the bridge open, heatsink badly pitted

Commutating fets and diodes welded to the case, board a charred mess
Kevin

North Staffordshire

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 9:27am
Looks like that even besides the MIG welding that took place the output PCBs were in a pretty fiilthy condition. There's a lesson there...
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 3:23pm
Hm strange.... If the heatsinks are live, connected to either positive or negative supply voltage and isolated from the ground, why is the damage around that spot. Guys, put some light on this case.

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

Hm strange.... If the heatsinks are live, connected to either positive or negative supply voltage and isolated from the ground, why is the damage around that spot. Guys, put some light on this case.

It was all explained in another thread, I believe the heatsink arced to the chassis or another grounded part of the amp helped via all the dust that had built up in it.
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

It was all explained in another thread, I believe the heatsink arced to the chassis or another grounded part of the amp helped via all the dust that had built up in it.

Yep, Kevin made a thread about it. http://forum.speakerplans.com/crest-9001-interesting-article_topic90378.html
Well, I don't like this Crest's design with huge live heatsinks. QSC has a better solution with grounded collectors topology.

Edited by M4trix - 05 February 2015 at 4:21pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 6:27pm
qsc usually do have a better solution..apart from the GX series
Kevin

North Staffordshire

michel29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 9:53pm
the crest 9001
failed with extreme moisture and dust ?
it's 2nd version , with coated bus-bar

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 11:20pm
Dont think it helped
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 260>