FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rice & Peas Sound Check 28th Nov 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rice & Peas Sound Check 28th Nov 10
    Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:45pm
The Fane 1000 sound good in them to0
"Music is life"
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:49pm

you have to give Ligwa credit - he gets alot of sound from the celestion drivers

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

just wondering, what's the idea behind an eco scoop? what makes it eco?

Ligwa said the ECO means value for money!! (very affordable), he's looking to take over the scoop market, check him on his prices, you'll be surprised!! I was.................

click to unzoom

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
GENERAL LEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GENERAL LEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 9:18am
yuh nuh what when it comes to de mic ting really can't tek de hole bagga shouting and cussing so when yuh sey ah intro ting dat soun good no diss and ras pec de soun dem and call dem by dem name not calling dem nex soun. should be peace love and inity and ras pec for de soun and de music. blessed love.

ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Stepping Razor Stepping Razor wrote:

Bring Back The System Into Sound System.

No Toasters allowed.

Bless my lard, I hear wat you sayin, I think a mic man just for intro-ing tunes is ok though,  but NO SWEARING, NO DISSIN OTHER SOUNDS AND TINGS LIKE DAT,
After all we want to hear some GOOD mic section too, right? NO RAARGH RAAGH SHOUTIN AN TING

Edited by ras i - 07 December 2010 at 7:41am
Sun Sun Sun
Stepping Razor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stepping Razor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:24am

Bring Back The System Into Sound System.

No Toasters allowed.
Real Vybz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Vybz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 5:16pm

Appologies to Vibration for hijacking post,

I think it maybe a good idea to move this discussion to it's own Post, so I have created a new post out of respect to Vibration/AV Promotions,and also a new ID for reasons that will become obvious. (and no it's not to hide my identity. It's me QSS)

So to all interested Sound Men, Check out " Bring Back The System Into Sound System" in Events and Ting section
REAL VYBZ, REAL MUZIK, REAL SOUNDZ
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 8:31am
Originally posted by dht dht wrote:

Here we go again,The thing with reggae music & reggae sound systems is that no one comes up with anything orignal anymore & when someone does what do we do? we all want to jump on the band wagon or there back,if we look at the state of reggae music nowadays all we here is just lick over tunes that many of us grew up on if not its just repress music nothing new that is why reggae music & sounds in england are at a stand still as no one comes up with there own ideas we should be looking to progress forward & not remain stactic by just doing what we see orther people do.(Thats just my two pence worth)

Thumbs Down

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

If that statement is directed at me all I am looking to do is provide a venue for like minded people with soundsystems who love music and want to enjoy their sound system. Whether they play reggae, rnb hiphop, jungle, dnb, dubstep, etc. I'm not trying to step on any toes, not trying to get famous or make up the next 'great' event. I just want to get my sound out and play and if I can bring other people in and give them the same opportunity then why not? These type of events have been around for a long time and will keep going on aslong as people have a love for the music. Anyway i'm starting to waffle on now! All I wana do is enjoy my soundsystem and play the music I love. Why else do we build up a sound, put all our blood sweat an tears (not to mention £££) into it. I plan to do many different events including charity fundraisers etc but even so, what can you do that hasn't been done already?

Thumbs Up
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:12am
  woh woh woh!! friends and friends lets not blow this thing out of proportion now.  
Let me be the devils advocate here.
I agree with what dht is saying about we needing to have new ideas yes, but on the other hand, like Ras I says there is nothing wrong with taking a good idea and making it bigger.

For a while now I was thinking of starting in Bristol a thing called "Putting Back The System Into Sound System" from when Fire Links did "Putting Back The Dance Into Dancehall"
Would I then be accused of jumping on a band wagon?

The only reason this hasn't happened yet is there was not enough interest at the time down this neck of the woods.
Oh yea, then the Bristol Dub Club started. Thats not much different from the sound check only difference is that all the sounds are dub sounds, and that's been going on for a while now.

Edited by QSS - 03 December 2010 at 8:43am
"Music is life"
dht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:02am
I dont have a problem with anyone starting up what they want as it has no effect on me what so ever i was simply putting across my personal opinion as a bystander looking in at the state of reggae music/sounds & all im saying is its just a repeat from way back still to this day & that we need to try & find different ideas from each orther in order to keep reggae/sound strong,yes if something can be taken to a higher heights for the good of reggae/sound system i cant see why that should be a problem to anyone as for the london sounds mainly being involved voice that at the sound check.Peace
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 12:18am
Yo Bredrin! Heights of respect to the "I" for voicing his opinion, but there is no misunderstanding here, I overstand fully what you saying.
lets get to the point!!
You made a comment about man jumping on your band wagon after certain man mention about starting up something similar in a different area. So you have a problem with that. right?
What I and others are saying is, it is not a matter of people not having their own ideas but just taking a good idea to higher heights for the good of sound systems all over the country.
You have a good thing going there, but so far its mainly London sounds that been involved. For a soundman from up north to packup his sound and drive down to london on a sunday for free is not a simple thing, but if it can be done closer to home it wouldn't be so bad.
Sun Sun Sun
dht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 11:38pm
I think your misunderstanding the point im trying to make? yes anything someone is doing to keep sound system going is greatThumbs Up but what im trying to saying is if every/most reggae soundman & reggae producers were to try & come up with new ideas insted of us hopping on & of the same train all the time the reggae buisness would not be in the state it is today,so its nothing to do with being red eye/bad minded im saying as a whole people need to look within themselfs & try to do something different (as hard as it is) than the man/woman next door so people can keep reggae/sound going a lot stronger than it is now & move forward not keep repeating the cycle,so im not here to try & dis anyone.Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>