Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with a Zeck PT7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with a Zeck PT7
    Posted: 09 February 2011 at 8:34pm
Bought this amp a while ago off ebay for £20.  It was in a bit of a mess although i have done some repair work on the power supply board. I've  reconnected the supply board jumpers and the transformer connections as per the schematic and reconnected the speakons sockets hence the untidy state of the wiring which will be cable tied later.  It will be going in for a full repair as soon as i can decipher whether it is actually worth it or not.  Here's the internal... 

What i need to know is: does anyone have any particular experience with these amps?

Pictures i've seen on the internet show a model with a replicated but reversed supply board on the other side of the transformer but i think that is the PT9.

Can anyone confirm this theory or whether i should have the second supply board, thus likely rendering this as scrap.

(just to reiterate i will be putting this into qualified persons at panic audio before i plug it back in - i'm not quite suicidal just yet)

Thanks
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 9:10pm
not seen one of them for a long time
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
pirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 3:30am
hi i have just got a zeckpt7 but the inpt signal in the direct out and it went with a flash and a pop and its doesent work any more it turns on is it fixable or is it fucked 

DIGIMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIGIMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 1:20pm
file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Downloads/Zeck-PT3_5_7_9%20amp.pdf
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by DIGIMAN DIGIMAN wrote:

file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Downloads/Zeck-PT3_5_7_9%20amp.pdf

Somehow, I don't think that link is gonna work... unless your C drive is open to the entire world wide web.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
DIGIMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIGIMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 11:13pm
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/54218/Zeck_PT3,%20PT5,%20PT7,%20PT9.html
 Post Reply Post Reply