Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Design of Rectangular ports for a BassReflex Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Design of Rectangular ports for a BassReflex Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 8:33pm

Quote Steve_B, sorry about it, but i need to finish this school project for  june, and i'm a bit in a hurry, and nobody answered...i got stressed. Sorry again won't happend anymore.  :(

June is ages away. Wink

I tend to follow threads that I have contributed to and was puzzled when I couldn’t see any of my posts in one of the other threads thinking it was this one. As I said I’m not as young and sharp as I once was.

If you wire two drive units in parallel in one cabinet double the volume that you would use for a single drive unit and then tune the port to the same frequency as you would for a single drive unit. In the formula that you posted, the value of Vb doubles and Fb stays the same. The other variables can be what you want. If you alter the diameter (area) of the port, that will affect the length.

endre_k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endre_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 8:40pm
June is age away.... but i have to work, exams, live, party, etc =)

by the way, the solution that i said in the SET UP DIAGRAM is it correct?

thx again a lot :=)
DJ_habyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ_habyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:24am
If you know how to calculate the cilidrical port you will know how to calculete a triangle or a squer one.If you know the volum of the round port just make a triangle port with the same volume and you will have the same air volume passing tru and the same air speed.
We kill the noise :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=triRKoBEcik
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:45pm
i was told turbosound or was it martin  are shying away from the triangle ports, is this so?

kevSmile

Edited by kevin tyler - 06 April 2011 at 4:49pm
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:02pm
remember that port lengths change depending on whether the port is flush or freeair - something that WinISD doesnt take into account... 
Steve_B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by subbass subbass wrote:

remember that port lengths change depending on whether the port is flush or freeair - something that WinISD doesnt take into account... 

subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:19pm
I stand 'corrected' Tongue
Steve_B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:23pm
While I am here, and because this is a thread on rectangular ports, if you didn't know, clicking on the shape changes the port to rectangular.

edit - Subbass I hadn't seen your reply when I posted, so this is a general comment not aimed at you. Smile

Edited by Steve_B - 06 April 2011 at 6:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12