Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJM-600: Output fault + general service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 1:14am
I'm guessing they don't like phantom power because they didn't bother putting DC blocking capacitors in the outputs... They also don't bother with the decoupling capacitors around the voltage regulator in the DJM-500 and the last one I had on the bench to fix an output issue, actually had a wire link missing, which provides the ground reference for the master section, so the left and right were miles out of balance with all sorts of random behaviour going on. Took ages to find, as it's not really the sort of thing you expect to be missing from the factory!
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by br0d3ur br0d3ur wrote:

Hello, i got the exact t same problem on my DJM-600, have you found what exactly was causing the problem ??

Had totally forgotten about this thread, sorry for the delay.

The cause was actually a dodgy output attenuator (can be found on the rear, if you're not familiar with it). I found that giving it a gentle wiggle brought the signal back to the mute channel. A cheap part but a bit fiddly to swap out.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 10:38pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Yes, it was the trimpot.
You were right, right from the beginning.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12