Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - David Radigan, Luv Injection & Qualitex - Sat 18th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Radigan, Luv Injection & Qualitex - Sat 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 8:44am
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

last year i got a call for a 7 room house party christmas you know the scenario new years eve £10 before 12 £20 after 2am promoter offered me the job as the guy that done the boxing day system let him down [breaking down]
 told me that he had £150 budget promptly deleted from i phone wanted cdjs full monty JOKERS and yes someone done the rave [no i dont know for how much ] but you can see where im comming from dont cheapen yourselfs lads!!
1 good amp cost more than there spending on putting on the eventAngry
i got serato nearly 2 years never plugged it in but will soon have incorporate it in my system because its a regular ask now daysDead

+1Clap

Clap Thumbs Up
mr.dubz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.dubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 6:02pm
+3
Gambian Ras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gambian Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 11:38pm
Thumbs Up  +4
!!!!!QUALITEX TO THE WORLD!!!!!
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:56am
I agree with you TRE4U2NV. Promotors are always offering chump change and hardluck stories like you said, demanding cdj's for djs who can't mix (they just wanna reel back tunes).

I started in this game buying records, then eventually to CDs, but I didn't like using CDs. Use to bring out vinyl and CDs,
Was always against laptops until I saw a proper dj use a laptop in a professional manner, and then I wad converted on the spot!!!!
I would then use vinyl and laptop until one night, my record box and laptop was stolen.
I vowed from then never to bring out my records again!!!! My laptop tunes were mostly backed up so no real lost.

I can say 99% of my laptop tunes are not illegal downloads, and bought of authentic websites. I'm a soundman first so quality of laptop setup from soundcard to bitrates are of the best quality. You might not hear snap crackle and pop in some of my digitally mastered downloads, but you will still hear the quality!!

I may not have experienced Shaka in the 70's (too young), but from a young age have had soundsystem in my blood................can remember at 8 years old in Jamaica, playing with my cousin with toy jeeps and using matchboxes as speakerboxes on the jeeps backseat!!!!

What I'm trying to say is, I know the soundsystem shouldn't die, but there is nothing wrong with it evolving.
I vinyl record, a turntable, a cdj, a laptop, is simply a tool..........the dj/selector is who determines how good that piece of equipment sounds and how well he or she can entertain.
I love my soundsystem (proud owner), but am opened minded enough to embrace technology!
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Soundsystem shouldn't die, but there is nothing wrong with it evolving.

Boom!!!!!! Clap

Peace............................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 11:11am

I agree with you TRE4U2NV. Promotors are always offering chump change and hardluck stories like you said, demanding cdj's for djs who can't mix (they just wanna reel back tunes).

I started in this game buying records, then eventually to CDs, but I didn't like using CDs. Use to bring out vinyl and CDs,
Was always against laptops until I saw a proper dj use a laptop in a professional manner, and then I wad converted on the spot!!!!
I would then use vinyl and laptop until one night, my record box and laptop was stolen.
I vowed from then never to bring out my records again!!!! My laptop tunes were mostly backed up so no real lost.

I can say 99% of my laptop tunes are not illegal downloads, and bought of authentic websites. I'm a soundman first so quality of laptop setup from soundcard to bitrates are of the best quality. You might not hear snap crackle and pop in some of my digitally mastered downloads, but you will still hear the quality!!

I may not have experienced Shaka in the 70's (too young), but from a young age have had soundsystem in my blood................can remember at 8 years old in Jamaica, playing with my cousin with toy jeeps and using matchboxes as speakerboxes on the jeeps backseat!!!!

What I'm trying to say is, I know the soundsystem shouldn't die, but there is nothing wrong with it evolving.
I vinyl record, a turntable, a cdj, a laptop, is simply a tool..........the dj/selector is who determines how good that piece of equipment sounds and how well he or she can entertain.
I love my soundsystem (proud owner), but am opened minded enough to embrace technology!

Well said JasonClap

There is nothing wrong with trying new technology, as long as it's done properly. The quality you can get from your laptop has improved a lot recently, with the higher bitrates and good quality soundcards and controllers that are now available.
We converted our dub box to CD and mp3 a few years ago before the turntables that connect to you laptop or the ones that burn direct to cds were available, so the quality wasn't that good, but now that these machines are available we can now get them sounding a lot better. lot of work to do it, but in our case its worth it, especially when on tour.  Trust me, checking in all them record boxes on a plane aint cheap nowadays. and lumping them around from airport, to hotel, to dance, on trains, etc is back breaking work. compared to 1 laptop and 1 hard drive and in our case someone else always has a backuo laptop and hard drive too. No contest realy.

Edited by QSS - 25 June 2011 at 11:35am
"Music is life"
dan i dubdub View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan i dubdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 11:47am
As I've said before, it is down to the quality of your recording in the first place.  Lots of laptop/mp3 stuff sounds crap because it was recorded badly.  If you have a good quality sound it can be absolutely fine.  My only worry with a laptop is that there are many layers of noise and interference between the music program and the output of sound.  Have any of you ever found this?  Are you, ironically enough, not better off just using an mp3 player?  I know that is not a 'cool' option, but i have heard them used and they have sounded better and cleaner than many laptop setups. 

Edited by dan i dubdub - 25 June 2011 at 11:49am
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 2:18pm
gents i am not opposed to laptops or new technology i love it but what im concerned with is cheapening the game as in ,djs calling themselves djs that have never played a full dance/party on there own or bought vinyl or cds also playing across the genres not just learning how to play 30 tune in a two hour set well ,we all can do that im not a hater because ive been there done dat [no arrogance intended ] just  make sure that the game remains strong throughout  our en-devours LEARN - USE -TEACH -PROGRESS

KEEP THE GAME STRONG BY NOT SELLING YOURSELVES SHORT AND ENJOY IT SIMPLE, BE THE BEST YOU CAN AND REMEMBER EVEN EXPERTS STILL LEARN FROM THE STRANGEST PLACES
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 2:38pm

aint you the dude who is charging the soundsystems £75 each to enter your night????

id rather take chump change then pay to play
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

aint you the dude who is charging the soundsystems £75 each to enter your night????

id rather take chump change then pay to play

Yes, in this instance, I'm the dude not the promoter charging £75 to soundsystems to enter this arena next week Sunday at the Golden Palace Banqueting Suite in London (thanx for the free plug).
Where they can showcase their sound to potential clients, tune their set in a suitable arena, and just have a general bit if fun!!
Again as I've said before, this is mainly for forum users, and their guests.

I wouldn't call myself a promoter in this instance, although I have dabbled in promoting which was sucessfull even after paying each DJs their Usual rates!

But anyone with a little bit if sense, knows the difference between the 2 events I've just mentioned..........but let me it explain it to you Heathrow_BLine:-

A good promoter wouldn't be looking for sounds on a forum who he has never seen their set or heard them play and expect to pay them,
A good promoter would use well known DJs/sounds that he knew would bring a crowd, with just their name on the billing alone, and happily pay the asking rate.

If you dont understand this, then maybe you need to keep your future posts in the newbie section and I'm sure a few of us forum users will be able to explain this with the aid of a diagram!!!!!

Thanx for the free plug, though!

This coming Sunday 3 July at the Golden Palace Banqueting Suite an event called Soundsystem Sound-Off!
For more info check events and tings!!

Edited by Motion54 - 27 June 2011 at 4:43am
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:45am
LOL
"Music is life"
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:47am
I love this forumLOL

better than eastenders
"Music is life"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>