Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulsar Dimmer Packs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulsar Dimmer Packs
    Posted: 17 June 2011 at 9:25pm
Over the next couple of months I'm wanting to get hold of some Pulsar dimmer packs - specifically the 19" 6x 5amp packs. 

All in all, I'm aiming to get hold of 6 packs, i.e 36 channels, but suspect I'll need to gather them one by one as and when they come up.

They'll have to be Pulsar, they have to be the dimmer units (not the similar looking switching packs) and I'd really rather they were the 6x5amp packs (the 6x 10amp are lovely but as 4u units they're waaaaay too large/heavy when racked up).

I'm looking to spend about £35 each - so before I go on the hunt does anybody happen to have 1,2,3 etc laying about in their stores?

Postage is always a problem with these buggers so i'd also need to consider this as I'm Hampshire based, but maybe to get hold of a few packs in one trip, maybe a roadtrip would be worth while?

Greg
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 10:22pm
If you had only asked this time last year! I helped move a party/exhibition firm last summer, and they threw out a bunch of Pulsar dimmers, a couple of pulsar rock desks and a modulator! (they went all LED lights style instead) I did want to take them, but could not carry them on the train home! LOL

Good luck with the search by the way, I will keep an eye out on my travels as well.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 12:09pm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pulsar-6-x-5-Amp-Dimmer-Pack-/260803660954?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item3cb91c0c9a

That the one?
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 5:57pm
Preacher - that's just SO annoying, not only because I'm too late, but also because you couldn't take them with you and I suspect they simply ended up in a skip! Arrrrgh!!!

Ryan - Yep, they're the ones.

I've been watching that seller for quite a while (he has 8 of them) - but the last couple of times he's listed them he wanted £50 each plus £20 each to post.....the current listing is the first time he's dropped towards what i'm willing to pay.

To go collect 6 packs would be worth the trip to Nottingham, but not at £40 per pack he still wants.  To be honest, I'd still rather buy from somebody on SP as I've had some very good experiences.

Here's hoping - anybody here got any 6 channel Pulsar packs?

Greg

Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
ShellArc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellArc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 4:14pm
Hello
This is my first post on this forum and I don't know why I haven't found it before now.Smile

I have two pulsar 6 channel dimmer packs 2u 6a for sale. One is fully working and one is untested £60.00 the pair.
I am in southampton. 

I have more lights and lighting controllers too. 

Here's some for example,

Electrosonic Flatpak 10 ES6032 a 6ch 10a dimmer pack and a 6 ch slider controller,
Rolula MP1 Mk2 - x 3
Thorn EMI QQ1000 Lamp - x 4
Rank Strand B23 Theatre Spots - x 4
Rank Strand ACT 6 0403209 and an ACT8 73010
Anytronics Series 164 6 channel

Hope this helps
Shelley
 Post Reply Post Reply