Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small, compact system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small, compact system
    Posted: 18 June 2011 at 2:50pm
Im having trouble deciding what system to get. Im looking to get 2 x 15" reflex subs with 2 x 12" + 1" tops.
Ive been looking at the void basys system and as much as I want it so badly I'm not sure if its worth the amount that it costs new (cause ive been looking for second hand stuff for a while with no luck)

How much difference do you think their is between the basys system and other similar reflex branded systems (name some for me so I can take a look at them please) and normal custom built ones?

And the million dollar question is it worth the money?

any help is appreciated
MartinH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 3:18pm
Pm sent

Cheers
Martin
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 3:19pm
Do you have a set budget roughly and what you gonna be using it for ????

maxwell92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 3:38pm
Eventually looking to probably spend 1800 maximum (less if I can) on the speakers but at current have just over half this. But I dont mind buying it in sections i.e just the bass first because Ive got other bits and pieces I can use it with until I can afford the final thing.

I have already sorted out AVC2, Ultradrive and matrix xp3000h.

It will be used for anything and everything really but I suppose mostly will be bass heavy music (dub/d&B etc) so as much bass as I can get out of 2 15" reflex cabs. May add more bass in the long term.

I was just hoping to get some ideas on what to get..

Edited by maxwell92 - 18 June 2011 at 3:42pm
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 3:55pm
i am currently going down a similar route:

i am looking at two of the BMS 15" jobbies in a reflex design to provide some sub bass in the lowend. as i don't do any events larger than 100 people (pub gigs / houseparties are pretty much all I do), then i can afford to tradeoff some sensitivity in favour of bass extension. however, this lack of sensitivity will be made up for (to some extent) by pushing more power into them Evil Smile. In the future I may well upgrade the cabinets to tapped horns once I get the space / time to build.

May be worth a think? The Basys system is otherwise pretty good value for money afaik!
 Post Reply Post Reply