Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 204>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:00pm
I wouldnt have minded these,but just couldn't be bothered with the trek to Yarmouth and back.Im too old!

Be interesting to see what's inside,if they still have the Emilars inside,they cant really be used as spare diaphragms are completely unobtainable now. But is a standard 1" exit horn,so and up-to-date driver could be fitted instead.

Be seeing you.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

I risked it and pulled the trigger, will let you know what they are loaded with when I get my hands on them... hopefully I got a bargain Smile
I REALLY must stop buying random ****!

Randoms??  Yep, my wife keeps telling me Tongue

Let us know how the boxes are and what's inside them, can't help but feel that you got a bargain there.
I'd have been interested in chancing them but driving from the other side of the country was not an option

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:41pm
Im sort of lucky at the minute, working reduced days (was rather ill for 6 months and still recovering) that and my best mate lives in the next town down, so hoping to make a day of it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have considered it.
Fingers crossed they are original and not abused, thanks for the info about the drivers jbl_man, if they are original I think I will replace with something more modern and stick the drivers on E-Bay (I cant afford to be a purist at the minute!)
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:33pm
If they were late production, they would  have had Renkus-Heinz SSD-1800 (or CD-180) HF drivers instead of Emilars. But I think diaphragms are very hard to find for either type. A modern B&C or similar 1" would be OK but the crossover might need tweaking for a proper match.

I have circuit diagrams for the crossover if it's any help. There is a large autotransformer to match the three parallel 12" drivers to the network.

Some H350's were supplied (to special order) with a biamp/passive switch.

A common problem with H350's was that after many years of thrashing in nightclubs the surrounds would wear out on the L12P24's. Although recones were readily available they sometimes got replaced with random odd drive units.

Given the quality of the woodwork, the metal grilles and the HF horns, I think you got them for a reasonable price even if the drivers need work. A nice restoration project!

Edited by madboffin - 26 May 2017 at 3:40pm
jonny2bad4509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny2bad4509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:21am
I don't have the link now but I saw an hifi speaker not so ago on the bay with some light around it selling for I believe $4000 US dollars I couldn't believe my eyes.
Bomeranks Sound The Party Sound
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

A nice restoration project!

Picked these up today, 5 hour round trip Confused
I will do a resto post (projects forum maybe) but once I had got over the weight (im used to 'mobile' gear) a quick glance shows all the cones being the same (havent pulled them yet, but they are all the same front design), woodwork isnt bad and everything is there, just a bit dirty.
They have come from someone called Roger (Luton/Dunstable area) whose recently died and are clearing out his old units, have been hired / toured and extra info - have been used at Luton carnival a good few times.
But first... I need to finish building my Cubos as I need them next Saturday!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 5:17am
</f
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 3:55pm
Look like 4x10's...look to small to be 12's. Church hall speakers from the mid 70's?

Still,i expect they will burn well.

Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by confused.com confused.com wrote:

"probably used by Judas Priest or Dexys" what a tool...

Ah, you're getting confused. That's not Judas Priest the band, it's Judas Priest the plumber, but he does bingo calling every other Tuesday.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 11:22pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 12:10am
30 year old design

2 nice drivers with flairs and adapters and the crossovers as well.

A pair were listed on US eBay a little while back on their own for $259, no idea if they got an offer or just decided not to re-list.

Price, to me, does not sound unreasonable.
</f
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 9:32pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-Party-Rave-business-for-sale-/263070224550?hash=item3d403510a6:g:JdEAAOSwAO9ZWqYi&autorefresh=true

Here y'go.  DJ Party Rave business for only £5000.

Includes QTX powered speakers for kids discos a swell !!  and there's 2 big 15" bins as well !"  and if you want more bass there's an 18" active sub as well that's so good that venues told him to turn it down.

Would be a great addition to any rave I would have thought, especially at the price.

</f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 204>