Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 204>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:49pm
^ What a strange advert,what is he going on about? Single units,double units?

To translate,seems to be 5x Altec 816 copies,and 2x the smaller 12" version. All made of chipboard  looking closely. Lovely.

But of course,WAY to dear.
Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:00pm
Those cabs were sold as empty cabs by Henry's (a name from the past!!!) back in the early 80's, so pretty sure they would have sold them loaded too. Can still remember the Xerox'd price list they used to send out!
As Ian pointed out they are chipboard. What he didn't point out was what they sound like. 'Kin awful. A serious lack of any bracing made them flex like crazy. I had a pair of the 15" versions... for about two days, then sold them off as quickly as I could.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:51am
Now i do love a nice vintage JBL driver, but i think the description of these is a little optimistic..."never been used"....well as speakers,maybe not,but how about being used as doorstops? 750 quid for corroded paint-splattered drivers? LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-15-jbl-2225j-professional-speakers-16-ohms-/182539824897?hash=item2a8038af01:g:q7cAAOSwN6JY-pu5
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:52am

Also quite funny how they have "never been used" yet the paint is marked around the bolt mounting holes on all four? Never been used? Really?

Edited by jbl_man - 20 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Be seeing you.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:33pm
I will lay any money that all four front suspensions will be either cracked or extremely brittle so lucky if they last one gig.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:50pm
  So it says that the drivers have never been used but in the description it says they 'sound fantastic'.....Confused

And what's that cordless drill for in the top right of the first and last photos? Removing the drivers from cabs maybe.......?
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:05am
Just a closer look at the speakers shows that each of them has paint scraped off around the mounting holes, deffo not unused Smile
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:37am
You lot are very cynical. I suspect with the statements they have made they will still have the original receipts.

Caveat emptor ought to be Ebay's tagline.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 1:56pm
I would think that most of the members on here would be cynical when someone is trying to sell 30 year old drivers as brand new when it is quite obvious that they have seen a lot of use--also looks like they have been stored in a damp area as oxidisation is long standing along with mould and a load of spiders into the bargain so it is quite obvious that voice coils and formers are not going to be 100% either.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:21pm
We're not being cynical JonB67,the reason it's in this thread,other than is a good laugh, is the insane price,good used 2225's are 50 quid or so each. This plonker is asking £750 for four! (thats more than they cost new back then!).
Be seeing you.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:25pm
Guess sarcasm takes more explanation in text!

Though the buyer beware suggestion for ebay's tagline might imply I was joking! I'll throw a smiley face in as well next time.

They do look like they were recently removed from boxes someone found in a skip...
djscooby View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djscooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:04pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162523200077

Used by U2 at Glastonbury ha ha that's more shit that's coming out of my arse right now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 204>