Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 204>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 2:33am
Originally posted by djscooby djscooby wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162523200077

Used by U2 at Glastonbury ha ha that's more shit that's coming out of my arse right now

Not quite an accurate quote :)

States "U2 and also used at Glastonbury several times...."  note the 'also'.

Look like Eastmill (poss) stage fills to me; possibly with crossovers or maybe active.  If they are Eastmill and have the original drivers they'd be ATC's and the boxes will be well worth the money, see that they've already got their first bid.

It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:57pm
Surely they're Martin boxes???
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:02pm
they look like the tripple 12" martin speakers, if they are they sound really quite good above subs! fuzzy_logic had some years ago.

might well have been used at glasto or U2 if so [in the 70's!]

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Surely they're Martin boxes???

Pretty sure that you'd know better than me and I stand corrected Cry

Eastmill or Martin, they're still boxes worth having if the drivers are still original.

It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:11pm
If they're original drivers then hell yeh!!!

Edited by djeddie - 22 May 2017 at 10:13pm
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:22pm
They are original Martin Audio H350 cabinets indeed and should contain three ATC 12" and an Emilar EC175 driver on the HF2 horn--we had two pairs of these in the seventies and they were great as sidefills, but very unstable and used to topple over on a regular basis.
They are nice sounding cabinets and most of them were built by Mega.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:04pm
Yes, H350's.

Most of them were originally fitted with RCF L12P24's, but I think they were ATC in the final production runs.

Popular as a small PA, disco/nightclub box, or sidefills on a monitor rig.

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

...H350 cabinets...

Thanks John! Knew you, Ian or Mucker would know the model number!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:54pm
H350 spec sheet:
side 1:
side 1

side 2:
side 2

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

We're not being cynical JonB67,the reason it's in this thread,other than is a good laugh, is the insane price,good used 2225's are 50 quid or so each. This plonker is asking £750 for four! (thats more than they cost new back then!).

well i just got an email for some reason, saying he's reduced the price to £700.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:15pm
Yeah, we had the tilt and roll two castor versions so they had a very slim footprint hence why they were so unstable--We complained many times about this so eventually they caved in and made the square bottom version with four wheels which was a little better but would still topple unless it was backed up by some hefty amp racks(we had plenty of them in those days)
IIRC we had the RCF L12/24 versions--one of my favourite drivers of all time--you really need to hear a wedge monitor with two of them inside bi-amped with a JBL 2446 on Mid/HF on a short horn.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:16pm
I risked it and pulled the trigger, will let you know what they are loaded with when I get my hands on them... hopefully I got a bargain Smile
I REALLY must stop buying random ****!

Edited by IainB - 25 May 2017 at 8:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 204>