Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Members of please READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laxskan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Members of please READ
    Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:16am

Please note that all speakerplans members should update their profiles as a requirement of the revised terms and conditions see below, failure to do this may result in removal from the forum. Please ensure that your email details are correct and upto date also.

Rules for members of the trade.

We ask that you observe the following special rules for posting which are designed to maintain the non-commercial, hobbyist nature of this forum while maximizing the participation of industry members.

1. All members of the trade must register and identify the specific field in which they are engaged, i.e. manufacturer, dealer, distributor, rental company, engineer. Posts that appear to be from members of the trade that do not have such profiles will be deleted.

2. No member of the trade shall use his/her business name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or URL as part of his/her username or as part of any post, except as permitted in rule no. 5. Trade members may use their company email addresses for registration, but must use a different username than the default email address for their posts.

3. A member of the trade must not give out any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion.

4. A trade member must not post announcements, advertisements, or sales information about products he makes or sells.

5. A member of the trade who posts for the purpose of supplying specifically requested information about his/her product or to correct mis-information about his/her product appearing in another post may – but is not required to - include his/her company identifying information in the body of the post.

The board wants to emphasize the fact that, if speakerplans is to continue to be a fun and informative forum for all its members, goodwill and a sense of consideration for others is essential. Speakerplans hopes that members of the trade will see that their reputation on this forum is enhanced by compliance with these Rules.

Edited by laxskan - 23 June 2006 at 11:32am
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:49am
There seems to be an error in the Industry Affilate section.

I keep getting a default of Manufacter when I submit Equipment Hire.

EDIT:I think I solved the problem

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 23 June 2006 at 11:52am
Elliot Thompson
laxskan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laxskan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:53am

Try refreshing the page

we must be somewhere over the rainbow
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:58am
Every time you go into Profile, it defaults to Manufacter.

So, once I adjusted location, I needed to set Industry Affilate as well.

Problem Solved.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
super-hero View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 3:16pm
Not a mallicious question, but, is the site run by or sponsored by Pro Audio Parts.
It's just that the new terms and conditions seen to be aimed at stopping people offering cabinet construction or other services for a fee. Or to stop people promoting their companies. Surely if the site is to be free from "corporate advertising" then there should not be a big link to Proaudioparts.co.uk at the bottom of the page.
Unless of course they provide the site. In which case my humble apologies.

This post is not meant to sound as harsh as it does. I just couldn't think of a better way of putting it.
I'm not an animal, I'm a human being.
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 4:18pm
This is a mistake....why try to control the flow of free info..this is what evil leaders who wanted  to control the world did........a forum should be free.........why should you keep me from knowing what Mykey wants to sell his cabs for...............I am in the USA and it makes no sense to order product from the UK but I find it interesting to see what members sell this  gear for............to make a web site and forman about loudspeaker building and not let the members sell these units is foolish......if Rog does not want people to make his designs and sell them he should  keep the plans locked up....let us be free! 
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:55pm
Big smile

Edited by mykey - 23 January 2010 at 12:02pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:10am
Big smile

Edited by mykey - 23 January 2010 at 12:02pm
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 4:26am
Mykey try to behave!
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:07am
When i first saw the new rules I was also quite annoyed, but after reading them a few times i'm not so bothered any more.

To a certian extent i do understand why these rules have been put into place, as i do notice that over the last wee while things have became a lot more 'commercial'.

I dont think that the rules prevent selling as such though. for example....

if someone was having a "general" conversation about punnishers then you would not be allowed to jump in and advertise your building skills and prices, as of Rule 3.

However if someone says "I want someone to build me 4 punishers what are the prices" then as of rule 5, you are juts supplying information that was specifically asked for, so as far as I would interperate the rules then that'd be OK?

Think they're just designed to prevent people jumping in at every opertunity pushing certian products, which does happen though i wont mention any names.

And remember if you really feel that your services should be offered you can always PM someone.

kev

kev

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 24 June 2006 at 6:12am
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:40am
@mykey: Got to admit I had some thoughts along similar lines when I read the rules.  There is a certain irony given that the site has always been heavily biassed towards Void/PAP/P-Audio UK.  A bit of competition is no bad thing, especially to keep the above organisation (note singular) on their toes.  Flying off the handle won't help though.

I want to know where people like myself stand now.  Technically I am part of the trade but speaker design and building is also a hobby as well

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:44am

Originally posted by Vivo Vivo wrote:

Mykey try to behave!
sorry vivo! was super angry earlier cooled down abit now.

but here is a suggestion..why doesnt proaudio parts let me build for them horns and cabs that way it will free them up to concentrate on selling drivers etc.

if your too slow people will find other alternatives

remember i work in large volumesl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>