Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

turbo flash+flood phase alighnment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: turbo flash+flood phase alighnment
    Posted: 01 August 2011 at 1:12am
hiya guys just got a new rig i have the flashlight 21" bins with floodlight tops and am looking for the most up to date and accurate phase alighnment.
im not sure if anyone has played with that combination before but if not will the flash bins work on a tsw718 setup if not how do i work out the difference
im using two dbx drive rack p.a and would also like some input on the best way to link them i was thinking just running the high output fullrange into the next but dont know if i need to set anything els like the slopes or the cutoffs or anything basicly need some help lol

cheers
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 6:32am
What you need is to make a readable post. You know, comma's, capital letters, things like that.
It is totally unreadable.

So u want to use 21s with 18s, is that what you're asking?
Phase alignment, do you mean delay?

ftp://ftp.turbosound.com/tech_data/presets/controllers/DSP3_4.xls

dj scratchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 10:00am
No I want to use floodlight tops with flashlight bins

And in response to the rest of the post I put this topic up with my phone and it would take all day to right it with commers and such so you will have to either work with it or keep your comments to yourself and I'm after professional opinions not a link to the turbo website
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 10:55am
Hello chap :)

The flashlight 21"s are the most common of the turbo single 21"s floating around and are mostly used underneath Floodlight tops.

Do you under stand how to do phase alignment to get the correct delay settings between the low mid and the bass driver? If not I can explain.

Jace
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 11:40am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Hello chap :)

The flashlight 21"s are the most common of the turbo single 21"s floating around and are mostly used underneath Floodlight tops.

Do you under stand how to do phase alignment to get the correct delay settings between the low mid and the bass driver? If not I can explain.

Jace
this is the info im after mate i was told a guy had played with floods n found the best delays between the high and the low mid and high mid but it is the bass i need mainly i wasnt sure if the 21s had a longer horn path that needed compensating for  rather than the tsw218 as i assume most places i got to will have the time ali for floods with the 18s and also i have never had to delay anything like this before so any help you can give will be great mate
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 11:58am
Basically you will need a signal generator that can do 100hz have this playing through both the speakers. IE set the cross over between the 21" and 12" to 100hz

flip one of the driver's phase either the 21" or the low mid 12" keep pulling the delay back on the 12" untill you get a phase cancelation and the level drops. This is phase cancelation!!! flip the phase back around and the two drivers will be time alligned.

www.stage2sound.com
goliath View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 12:16pm
you dont want to take the 12's down that low on the floods crossover between the 21's and floods is 152hz.
we run 718's and floods and i would never take the 12" down that low.

here's the propper dsp settings for 21's and floods
                     gain           delay(ms)             hpf                 lpf           
21"                 +2             0.000                 15hz               152hz
12"                  0              4.000                 152hz              1.31khz
6.5"                 0              4.000                 1.31khz            8khz
1"                    0              4.031                 8khz                 22khz
and with the 1" in the floods you want to have it on negative polarity

Hope this helps
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Basically you will need a signal generator that can do 100hz have this playing through both the speakers. IE set the cross over between the 21" and 12" to 100hz

flip one of the driver's phase either the 21" or the low mid 12" keep pulling the delay back on the 12" untill you get a phase cancelation and the level drops. This is phase cancelation!!! flip the phase back around and the two drivers will be time alligned.
sorry mate i might be being thick here but give me an example of a signal generator
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 12:33pm
Goliath i am not talking about settings to run the box's yet. I am talking about phase alignment :)
I cant remember the settings of my head i just plumb the ones of the website in ;)

PS your flightcase is still here. Its safe and dry....

A signal generator is something that can make a test tone. I use my iphone it has an APP for that ;)
IE a 100hz tone.

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 12:34pm
Just plumb those settings Goliath posted straight in to your dsp!!!!

Sorted :)

www.stage2sound.com
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 1:20pm
thanks guys great help will let you no if i have any probs lol and how it sounds when i get it all up n running still need a load of nl8 sockets plugs n amps oh n one more dbx hahaha should have it within the next week tho
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by goliath goliath wrote:

and with the 1" in the floods you want to have it on negative polarity
oh n why negative polarity ???? not doubting it just askin lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>