Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APA (action pa- West London)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APA (action pa- West London)
    Posted: 15 August 2011 at 6:24am
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280724329331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Does anybody here know anything about the desgn of these (hybrid horn and reflex)?
I bought some drivers of the chap that owns the company (action pa) a while ago- really nice bloke and I do remember that he was in the process of making a Mk 2 version of the above design. Thanks

Edited by supremesoundz - 15 August 2011 at 9:59pm
kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 8:23am
If he means that the woodwork was made in the same place as turbo and F1 stuff then you can be assured it will be solid and to a good standard, Im just off to get mine.
To much power? NEVER.
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 10:10am
Ive seen some of the bins up close and know that the woodwork is second to none! Alex (action PA) told me a little about the bins but we were both in a hurry so we didnt discuss at length. I'm more interested in the design, and if people have had any experience with these
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 10:45pm
Alistair knows his onions great guy as well Clap 
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 1:48am
if you talking about who I think you're talking about Trev, he's a good salesman

if it's the same guy, he wanted to copy the 15'' Tannoy cab, is this a larger version of that? If I remember rightly it didn't work to well

is the guy who used to do carnival with a float of ASS?
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 10:42am
nice guy, brought some stuff off him years ago.He has a load of ASS S118s in his unit if I remeber right.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 12:34pm
same guy then
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:56pm
Thumbs UpStarThumbs Up Thumbs Up
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 12:32am
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
rajpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:25am
Hi did you manage to contact Alistair I have 8 of his Mkii Bins and 4 of his Mid High Cabs i am able to give is contact.

dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:08pm
We have 4 x APA trap bass bins, they're either a direct copy, or the front panel has been changed for his CNC logo'd one, of the Tannoy iQ18-B. They sound lovely - designed by Tony Andrews, to go with the iQ top - which looks like an angry stealth bomber modified Res2. I'd love 4 to go with the bins but they're pretty rare and hold a price.

APS are the build company in Partridge Green. (Audio Production Services).
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:41pm
So is 'Hi grade' Alistair?

looks nice, reminds me of Bold Audio kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>