Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Incubus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:40am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Thankfully Rog's sense in fashion doesn't transfer across to his cabs :p

Ha, I was gonna say, people were saying there was a bit too much going on aesthetically with the bottom half of the stack, but clearly Rog has the same approach to his wardrobe too

Brilliant LOL. Although tony andrews haircuts pretty interesting also.

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 23 March 2012 at 1:41am
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:50am
yup... seems to be abit of a pattern here:

{blame mykey for that one ;)}

mind.. this turned up in a pro audio magazine article:

sorry folks.

..and somewhere out there, theres one of him in a distinctly 80s tracksuit infront of a stack for a product shoot.

but nuff of that from me.

Edited by nineleaves - 23 March 2012 at 1:55am
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 4:48am
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

Originally posted by waurma waurma wrote:

any price on these yet?

not as much as an f1 dance stack I bet

4 stack system is over 100k. And you will need the kind of money that buys the best ferrari

How much is a F1 dance stack?

AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 5:08am
God knows,more than that though I would of thought,for 4 stacks, + amps ,procesing,

And 100 big ones seems reasonable to have such a system in your nice new shiney night club..infact when you consider the cost of such a club that would have 4 stacks,then it seems even cheaper..you must be talking about 700/800 grand for such.a place no???...if not a lot more
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:55am
700/800 is what wa-ker shorty would charge, and anyone that takes notice of his BS would pay it
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:16am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

700/800 is what wa-ker shorty would charge, and anyone that takes notice of his BS would pay it

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:19pm
Mykey, people that buys shorty boxes do deserve to be robbed like that just for their stupidity :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:42pm
lol..i mean 700/800 grand for the whole club,not just a system ..as for shortys your right its there own falt lmfao

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 23 March 2012 at 12:48pm
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 5:55pm

Being the ever practical sort of chap, "what I is", what connectors are on the back of the 29-100Hz subs? (or the upper bass bins for that matter)

If they handle 6K per box, and an amp(s) option exists of 14700W, that kinda exceeds the capability of a speakon, and makes 6mm^2 get warm.

Is it an 8 pole speakon, wired in 2.5 or 4mm per driver, 1-+ does driver one, 2-+ does driver 2, 3-+ does driver 3, 4-+ spare? Maybe an EP6 again wired in 4mm per core?

Cabling this looks to be "significant".

I'm sure, if you can afford it, the price of copper will be insignificant compared to the Cabs/Void Amps, but logistically could be a PITA.

Then you start looking at multiple stacks, and associated rack per stack.......I also reckon you will be looking at 63A TPNE per rack/stack?

Given Rog's white paper on bass arrays, is a stack in each corner against his own design suggestions any way. Perhaps with 3 individually driven drivers per sub cab, you can power shade/delay to steer sub about?

Aesthetically, have to say, I like, logistically though, completely nuts, which I also like.

Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 6:01pm
so looking about 25k a stack for these bad boys?
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 6:58pm
system:

20 x MA W8L
12 x MA W8LC
12 x MA W8LM
20 x MA S-218
8 x D.A.S. ST-112
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by djstefanos djstefanos wrote:

45K<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

yikes...

oh and welcome back stefanos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>