Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFPA our story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 52>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

cue the people telling us ho to load in safer :)
Couldn't see much wrong myself. Mostly everything on wheels, which is the real secret, and not too much double moving, so things are donked to roughly final position, straight from transport.

I hate people who get everything in, and then have to move everything about several times, to clear space for the final position of something else. Efficiency, or "intelligent laziness" as I call it, minimises sweat, and wear and tear on staff....

I'm waiting to see if any one pulls us on how we get the floods up there lol

Edited by nuclearbass - 24 March 2016 at 1:59pm
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 11:53pm
When you use TRS, lie down the subs and stack them on top of each other. You'll notice the difference in sound.

And yes, it will be high enough as the cabinet is with 1:2 ratio on its dimensions and yes it has the stacking system on its side for tops ;)

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

When you use TRS, lie down the subs and stack them on top of each other. You'll notice the difference in sound.

And yes, it will be high enough as the cabinet is with 1:2 ratio on its dimensions and yes it has the stacking system on its side for tops ;)

i always did wonder if there was a right way orwrong way to stack them, sadly all our 218s are in various installs now, weve yet to find a venue they dont sound good in.....
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:21pm

New toys 😎😎😎😎
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 4:02pm
havent updated for a while so heres what weve been up to 

DIY case for the X32 compact :)

Some one on here recomended these covers for use on our beams outside, slight problem!!

little video

racks

Rotherham Carnival

other bits

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 7:30pm
good stuff! you guys have come on a lot!

(any interest in 4 more tsw718?)

(6 a side would be fun for you)...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 10:04pm
Maybe next year we're about to get the ones we have refurbed and a few other essentials this year

Inbox me a price and I'll Ponder on it
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 12:39am
i haven't really got a price in mind.. don't really know what the going rate is. i'm in dublin too but may have reason to drive a van over your way sometime.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 9:25am
ill have a ponder on it lol
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 9:49am
no panic on it heh. sure keep in touch.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 11:25am
Can I ask a bit of a nasty question?

Rapid progression from naff first rig, to now having some proper, recognised and rider friendly gear.

The question - are you making any money yet?

Not being a d*ck, just interested to know whether it is working out, as could do with doing the same, but fear of going bust is perhaps holding me back....Far too comfortable doing conference work (1x12 on sticks, couple of screens, etc), but would prefer to be doing gigs which require some three phase supplies!

Any advice for how to grow so swiftly?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 11:37am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Can I ask a bit of a nasty question?

Rapid progression from naff first rig, to now having some proper, recognised and rider friendly gear.

The question - are you making any money yet?

Not being a d*ck, just interested to know whether it is working out, as could do with doing the same, but fear of going bust is perhaps holding me back....Far too comfortable doing conference work (1x12 on sticks, couple of screens, etc), but would prefer to be doing gigs which require some three phase supplies!

Any advice for how to grow so swiftly?

Hi mate, in short, yes we are making money, but i dont feel its been a swift progression, i started out in 2010, found this site in 2011 were not nearly into 2017 so 7 years in and ive still a lot to lean and a hell of a lot more avenues to try and get work down..

were constantly improving our stock and progressing in what we do

but most importantly were enjoying the journey

:) 
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 52>