Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Can't i Post a new topic in for sale??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trucru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:06pm
I agree that the ten posts before listing is a good idea but not being able to PM is annoying.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by trucru trucru wrote:

I agree that the ten posts before listing is a good idea but not being able to PM is annoying.

Unfortunately some people joined the forum and proceeded to spam other members by PM, so hence the 10 post rule came into force.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
TimSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 8:56pm
so i have to post 10 times before i can pm ?
DevonRocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevonRocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 11:06am
ahhh that explains alot,

Thanks
rocioclm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocioclm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 11:30am
I had the same problem, thanks for the info
http://www.pfevents.com

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

That's one reason I reckon it should be 50 / 100 posts. Much harder to write garbage and get away with it. And from those 50 or 100 posts you should work out if the person is OK or not.

I agree with this.

Some forums require membership details to be Ok'd by admin before enabling.
Some also only allow posting in Newbie section until "proby" period is over.

If PM enabled from start,  and 50 "proby" posts needed, before being allowed to post in Forsale,
would allow genuine buyers who found for sale item thru google, to join up and contact buyer.

Also help to deter Spambots,  unscrupulous PA firms flogging off pages of overpriced gear  + VAT.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Summa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 7:20pm

This seems a little silly if i see something i would like to buy in the for sale section i cant pm the user or reply to the ad, I dont want to post a for sale ad i would just like the opportunity to buy whats on offer, surely there is a better way to run this???

Summa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 7:21pm

Does this mean i have to create 10 separate threads or just post 10 replies ?

simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 8:44pm
Take a read of this Toby:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/new-members-please-read_topic23697.html

Priit Pavelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priit Pavelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 4:54pm
It is kind a stupid rule here.. It is not even possible to send a private message.

Edited by Priit Pavelson - 01 March 2012 at 4:55pm
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:16pm
I suspect that had you been the recipient of some of the Junk PM's sent by very new Members who joined just to do this in the past, that you would have a different view on the PM qualification rule.....

It is not difficult to achieve 10 Posts, a few constructive inputs or relevant questions on existing threads and you are soon there!

Anyway, Priit, welcome to SP and hope that you find it's diverse discussions interesting

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
Bass_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 6:18pm
Yea this is a bit gash, having to post random stuff before i can reply to someone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>