Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powered Speakers 15"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powered Speakers 15"
    Posted: 22 November 2011 at 2:51pm
I'm looking for 8 Powered Speakers. I plan to use them in pairs for stage monitors, djing at parties (100-300 ppl) , voice overs for meetings, weddings and other PA type stuff... Indoor mostly but there's always the odd outdoor event..

I'm will be pairing them with 8 beyma sb18's to cover the low end when that is needed but mostly I'll be using them without the subs...

Reliability (Standard), Nice Quality Sound, Portability, Durability (Standard -> I will take good care of them I promise) and PRICE is the greatest concern.. I've been searching and saw these cabs and  I know there are some really informed individuals here on Speakerplans.com so I'm hoping you guys can maybe guide me towards a decent bang for buck ration cab... OK I'm looking at these:

Mackie Thump TH-15A 2-Way 400 watts Powered Loudspeaker - £223.84

Seismic Audio PWS-15 (PAIR) 600 Watts Ea Powered PA/DJ 15" Molded Speakers - £294.36 (PAIR)

Pyle-Pro PPHP1588A 1000 Watts 15'' Two-Way Active/Powered Plastic Molded Speaker System - £140.21

PYLE-PRO PPHP150A - 15'' 1200 Watt Powered 2 Way Full Range Loud Speaker System - £155.94

PYLE-PRO PPHP1594A - 15'' 1600 Watt Portable Powered 2 Way Full Range Loud Speaker System - £154.43

PYLE-PRO PPHP1599AI - 15'' 1600 Watt Portable Powered 2 Way Full Range Loud Speaker System w/Built in MP3/USB & Ipod Dock - £159.96

GLI Xjam15 Ip 15" 2000 Watt Molded 2 Way Professional Powered Speaker w/ Ipod Dock + USB + Remote 260 - £166.20

http://www.myspace.com/audioalliance
music is our mission
Wobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 12:52am
I would deffo go for the Mackie Thump's, they may be a tad more expensive but worth it.
They really do kick out a good 'thump' (bad joke i know) hah
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 12:57am
The thumps are the only speaker in that list that I would actually consider to be a speaker.
crossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 2:19am
Originally posted by wafflesomd wafflesomd wrote:

The thumps are the only speaker in that list that I would actually consider to be a speaker.

QFT
audioalliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 1:46pm
Good one waffelsomd LMAO...

I like the thumps.... I've heard them before but thought they were a bit "underpowered" after seeing the high power/watts ratings and the online spec sheets of the others on the list...

Actually do you guys know of any other cabs in the same price range and with similar quality as the Thumps I can take a look at???
http://www.myspace.com/audioalliance
music is our mission
 Post Reply Post Reply