Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T18 vs B-line design.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 5:54pm

I have to agree with you there Champion, 12 of them normally, anywhere they play.

But I've heard Iration Steppas & Jah Tubbys keep up & sound heavier & rounder than Earthquake with 9 scoops, & even better when they use 12 too. 

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 6:57am
Yep, have to agree too.

For the music Tubbys, Iration Steppas and the countless others play, you not going to do any better than a scoop. A good scoop that is with the right woofer. Scoops just seem to love being in the confines of a small to medium size building. But...... I would love to see an outside clash or clash in a really massive venue between Earthquake and the sounds mentioned above. Think I know who I would put my money on then.

Some have said they think I'm starting a scoop revival think. No. For techno and other hard dance and for anything to do with live sound then I still uphold they can never be as good as a front loaded horn, or even a reflex cab. But for dub, reggae, roots and dance like D&B and if used in smallish venues then I have to admit its hard to get a better or louder sound than a well designed scoop.

The dip in response is not a problem with the music a scoop gets asked to play, as the dip is above the crossover point and can actually help make the crossover slope a bit steeper than it usually would be.

Rog.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 2:09pm

have had some time recently to try and draw something up from all the various advice i got...

i decided to make it abit bigger then the original but have come up with this... 

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 2:33pm
nice plan Heathrow, how much bigger than the original b line is it?
as far as T18 Vs B line goes myself and other forum member Timmyb could actually do a test.
i have 4 T18's and he has a pair of unloaded B lines, we share the same lock up so we could bung the same drivers in each design and do a test on the same amplification.
i will have a word with him.

Edited by Static Age - 24 November 2006 at 2:34pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 5:08pm
edit - double post

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 24 November 2006 at 5:10pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 5:09pm
its maybe an inch bigger in all dimensions...

ive called it the heathrow b-line [get it!!!] as its not exactly a b-line.

i think a planer sub [nexus 3] would be better though.

ps ive heard 4 t-18s and they werent that impressive... they sounded abit muddy if that makes sense?

whats the chances of getting his unloaded cabs measured up to check the dimensions?
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 1:19pm

what dimensions? B lines or T18's?

i have never heard anyone elses T18's other than mine. one pair are loaded with Fane 18XB and the other with RCF LP300, i really like them they dont sound as low as my scoops but they offer alot more punch and go pretty loud for such a small box.

perhaps the ones you heard were not set up that well.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:07pm
Iv also got these T-18's and B-Line cabs loaded with 186 drivers, did afew tests a while bak too, outdoor and also indoor.
Outdoor the Wembleys out perform the T-18s in the sense that the bass travels further, while remaining low.
The T-18 was "boomy" or "loud up close, but take about 6 steps back the bass seems to fade away!!!
Indoor in different, the T-18's are low,punchy,boomy.not bad at all.
The Wembleys still sound the same asthey did outdoor, low,with a throw BUT they really do sound better in multiples. While the T-18's can sound very good as a pair !
My final verdict the B-Liners overall.

Heres one of my internal builds on the T-18 if your wondering what they look like.

Sticks n Stones
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 2:16pm
I know af two EV DL18MT's that I can pick up for really cheap, but it doesn't help buying them if I dont have a cabinet/plan for them. Can someone post or send me the plans for the T18 please. These woofers came out of these boxes. They company is swopping them out with other dreivers because its too expensive to recone them every few months. Thats what you get with dry hires

Thanx
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 2:23pm
another thing. I have those EV 15" loaded mid-hi's. Will be nice to have a 'full' EV baby rig. the two tops an two bass bins would sound nice with a pair of CA9's driving them nice and hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456