Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celestion RTT50 T5500 HF50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celestion RTT50 T5500 HF50
    Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:01pm
I have a number of celestion loaded wedges with the above horn fitted, one came back in the other day with what i suspected was a blown dia, it turns out that the magnet has gone off center. having tried hard to find another complete unit including speaking to celestion i have drawn a blank. Celestion dont make the unit anymore.

Can anyone help? or suggest something else? the wedges in question are QX122 in 8 ohm.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:47pm
Is it the bullet or small horn format?  I get replacement diaphragms from Lean business, and I have possibly got some units spare of each format.  Used to come up on ebay alot, but now they go for excessive amounts.
music is the message
ab audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:12pm
Its the horn type, the flair is ok, its just the driver assembly, thanks
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:13pm
How many are you after? Just the one?
music is the message
ab audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:11pm
one would be great, but i would be interested in a second one as a spare
ab audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:18pm
Sorry all a bit new to this, i tried to read your PM, but the link just takes me to the forum home page?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:06am
Oh, you need 10 posts for pm's and for sale ads.  Can you replace diaphragms? I could let a working and a blown one go, but not two working - sorry....need them.
music is the message
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:29pm
I have a dozen or so RTT50 drivers. Basically the same thing but they were used in Road series plastic cabs which had integral horns. The diaphragms are like this:-

Fairly certain they can be adapted quite easily.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:32pm
or the complete driver can be bodged onto the back of an rtt50 horn

£7.00 each plus carriage.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:37pm
Good price!!!
music is the message
ab audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:01am
Yes that would be great, i would go for two complete units. since i cant PM you can you drop me a line with your details - mailto:abaudio@aol.com - abaudio@aol.com
soulray2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulray2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2011 at 3:02pm
Markie,
Can I avail myself of a few spares too? Like Burningbush says, they're becoming difficult to get hold of now. and since you're selling at such a reasonable priceWink.

"Moderation in all things, particularly moderation!"
 Post Reply Post Reply