Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM 12 - a compact 12" TH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 9:02pm
Rustins is dried, reassembled with the new grille Smile

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 9:39pm
Very pretty! I like the lazer cut speakon 'dish'

...im still slowly trying to put together a MTH30 but not javing enuff clamps and time has not been on my side lately.

still, very pretty... one of a pair?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2015 at 10:00pm
I barely have use for this one, let alone a second - tbh I made it as much for the fun of making it as for actually having any use for it! Sure it'll come in handy sooner or later though ;)
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2015 at 3:26pm
That custom speaker dish looks the part. I would have made them resessed instead of sticking out like they seem to do now.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2015 at 2:18pm
Recessing so the connectors were flush would leave you with probably only ~3mm thickness of wood to screw into & with how tight the horn is at that corner I wouldn't want to add extra wood for it.
dj-b-freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-b-freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 12:04pm
hi martinsson!
do you have a logo? to put on the box! just have to print a logo put some epoxy on it, make it flat and we have a hard logo! :p
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

Recessing so the connectors were flush would leave you with probably only ~3mm thickness of wood to screw into & with how tight the horn is at that corner I wouldn't want to add extra wood for it.

...a second layer of wood behind it would have cured that :-)

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

...a second layer of wood behind it would have cured that :-)

LOL, but that's what he says he doesn't want to:)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 7:57pm
Just a small 6mm sliver of would have taken that 3mm upto 9mm and had little to no impact on sound and an 'easy' fix.

martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 11:02am
Quote do you have a logo? to put on the box!

I have not even thought about it, but perhaps it would be nice to have something, this far my only wish is that if the any of the THAM series deisgns are produced and sold by a company that they should keep their designation, i.e THAM18, THAM10 etc. as part of the model name.

I have seen THAM's that are produced and sold by companies, both as flat pack's and as fully finished products.

For instance if the company Scraphonic Audio Designs (SAD for short) (yepp, ficitive company name) have a THAM18 in their lineup the model would be named SAD THAM18 or Scraphonic Audio Designs THAM18.

This raises the question of the logotype, a logo is usually connected to a company, and since I'm not a company I wonder if it would be apropriate? what do you all think? should give it ago or simply leave it be?

(The THAM series has never generated any kind of money for me, not even donations, nothing, but that's ok, that was never my intention or motivation)
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 11:15am
Originally posted by martinsson martinsson wrote:

Quote do you have a logo? to put on the box!
I have not even thought about it, but perhaps it would be nice to have something, this far my only wish is that if the any of the THAM series deisgns are produced and sold by a company that they should keep their designation, i.e THAM18, THAM10 etc. as part of the model name.

For instance if the company Scraphonic Audio Designs (SAD for short) (yepp, ficitive company name) have a THAM18 in their lineup the model would be named SAD THAM18 or Scraphonic Audio Designs THAM18.

:)

bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 11:57am
comic sans please .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>