Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Community CSX 70

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Community CSX 70
    Posted: 27 March 2012 at 4:29am
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.

So I have a pair of Community CSX 70's (the original not the S2 version.) and one of the midrange compression drivers went out on one of them causing both mid ranges to go out. For now I'm just going to bypass the bad one but I would like to find a suitable replacement for it, I haven't been able to find any infromation on the M300 driver though. If anyone could help me out on the specifications of the driver that would be awesome or if they know where I would be able to find an OEM replacement that would be great too.

Thanks for any help.
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 4:29am
from what i understand, only ebay has the m300 driver, its why i didnt buy the pair locally to me, weak crossovers and the ability to pretty easily blow up the midrange driver make these cabs less than ideal for what they were actually marketed for.

have you measured the dimensions of the midrange horn? i've always wanted to redo a pair of these with new heavy duty xovers and real 2 compression drivers, keeping the stock 12s and tweeters.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 12:10am
the midrange units are CMR002 wired in pairs also now obsolete and out of production they were replaced by the M200 (not M300) an aluminised Mylar Diaphragm. I have replacement M200 type horn clusters here do not use PM me maybe we can sort something out as we used to have lots of these and have still some spares
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 12:13am
oops forgot to check email box!!
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 11:22am
I just noticed how old this thread is.

A have four of the original Community drivers available for anyone (USA) in need.
djk
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:53pm
i you have 4 CMR002? I have need of those. I am in UK would like to get hold of some those and 4 is just what I need have plenty of M200's they are no problem but the soft dome really are

details?Big smile
Cybersaved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cybersaved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 12:01am
would you possibly still have those drivers? if so please mail me I just popped one of those!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Cybersaved Cybersaved wrote:

would you possibly still have those drivers? if so please mail me I just popped one of those!

If that was aimed at SMP, then his account has been suspended. He's not here anymore.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Originally posted by Cybersaved Cybersaved wrote:

If that was aimed at SMP, then his account has been suspended. He's not here anymore.

Those last couple of replies were probably the least controversial posts he ever made!
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Sapro2 Sapro2 wrote:

Those last couple of replies were probably the least controversial posts he ever made!

LOL
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2015 at 4:14am
Send me an e-mail, I was the one with the drivers (in the USA).
djk
bobbyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2019 at 1:58am
I could use your 4 12 for my community csx 70s-2 tops if the price is right!with shipping ??   thanks, bob      also do the 4 12 inch mid bass speakers have the name in white on the dust cap?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>