Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 18Sound Tetracoil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 18Sound Tetracoil
    Posted: 27 March 2012 at 7:09pm
will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 7:10pm
looks pretty crazy, gonna need a big rear chamber for that though!

ps, wondering why it calls it a ferrite driver when the description states the magnet structure is neo?

Edited by will_i_am - 27 March 2012 at 7:11pm
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:41pm
Looks like a car woofer to me... Dead
Honestly I don't get it, 2000 watts aes and 94 db sensitivity, what amp are they bringing to drive this thing?
What's next a 3000 watt aes driver with 88 db sensitivity?

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:44pm
looks like they have taken a lot from the current range of JBL high end drivers.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:47pm
Yep,these super high power drivers at the expense of efficiency seem meaningless to me,now if someone could make a 1000 watt driver that was 102db/w/m,then i would really be impressed.

Nice looking chassis on those though.
Be seeing you.
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 9:01pm
looks at specs and LAUGHS ..clearly thats been designed by the marketing department demanding watts input handling and not efficiency.

Thats one expensive space heater of a car fi looking woofer.
Just no.. sod off.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Yep,these super high power drivers at the expense of efficiency seem meaningless to me,now if someone could make a 1000 watt driver that was 102db/w/m,then i would really be impressed.

Totally agree.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 10:52pm
no not my mrs...

Sticks n Stones
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:05pm
wh is she then sitting on your bed . Lol, Not my Mrs , your girlfriend , does the Mrs know ChampLOLLOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Totally agree.

+1
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by nineleaves nineleaves wrote:

looks at specs and LAUGHS ..clearly thats been designed by the marketing department demanding watts input handling and not efficiency.

Thats one expensive space heater of a car fi looking woofer.
Just no.. sod off.

Yup. Probably excellent for exciting standing waves at 18Hz between buildings either side of the road - in addition to heating up the car. You could also save on head-unit connecting wire by building in a little oscillator into the amplifier ..... just to go hhhhwwwmm ....hhhhwwwmm ....hhhhwwwmm ....hhhhwwwmm .... at 20Hz ....... the users wouldn't know the difference. Feckwits.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 12:18am
trading efficiency for linear excursion range (xmax & soft shoulders either side) can prove worthwhile sometimes for extended low frequency performance in modest sized boxes, but with an average 13.5mm excursion range and all that extra power handling dissapearing most likely as heat and power compression.. yeah im not in any rush.

for drivers with alot of excursion and modest senstivity, bms's 860 18"s would probably give these a hard time on less power.. but with that im just musing. id of expected something a little more refined from 18 sound, they do some okay drivers in their range & this is just abit strange.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>