Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix XT 6000 power amp turned smoke machine!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:38pm
i've seen 3x Mc2 E90s go bang in as many weeks.. what do i win? 
error 404
darkraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:05pm
Have seen many defect amps  Cry but also amps that have been running for years without any problems at all. Big smile

About Matrix, the exact failure rates on these amp is something they will not tell you for sure, no company will tell anyone such info, why would they ?
Companies that do face failures will be smart enough to investigate in order to improve their products.

Edited by darkraver - 20 April 2012 at 10:06pm
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:13pm

This is all such old news its boring. Void got stick on here ages ago BECAUSE they were high profile on here. Same goes for everyone if they are in effect using the place to market.

The reason nobody shouts about MC2 or whoevers amps blowing up is because they are not high profile on here. They just don't come here, or have other people come here to big up their wares.  Simples.

Peace and love to all, and lets all look forward to the return of the British HEAVYWEIGHT amp with a nice fat transformer. (I'm a dreamer)
It just is.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 12:37am
someone from mc2 used to come on here alright...
chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

...didn't he just. Look what happened.
chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

...didn't he just. Look what happened.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 6:57pm
still have the word document somewhere..
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

"I don't know of an amp manufacturer in the UK that provides bad customer service, or does not fix an amp within a reasonable amount of time."

Who else still builds in UK?

MC2, FFA still manufacture in the UK
WHAT! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHAT! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Peace and love to all, and lets all look forward to the return of the British HEAVYWEIGHT amp with a nice fat transformer. (I'm a dreamer)

Why would you want heavyweight amps with transformer in there when you can have a proper lightweight amp with SMPS delivering all you need?
Years ago I had to carry all those heavyweight amp racks with 4 people to get it up on stage while now I can lift an amp rack alone - and still get proper sound quality...
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 7:46pm
what would you call a proper lightweight amp? amd how much would that cost as opposed to making a proper transformer amp?
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by WHAT! WHAT! wrote:

Why would you want heavyweight amps with transformer in there when you can have a proper lightweight amp with SMPS delivering all you need?
Years ago I had to carry all those heavyweight amp racks with 4 people to get it up on stage while now I can lift an amp rack alone - and still get proper sound quality...
Because thay are relaible, thats why.
There are many, many 20 year old plus amps out there still going strong.
This aint gonna happen with SMPS.
The other reason is I'm very strong, because I train a lot, so I don't have any issues at all with the piddling weight of a few 25kg or so amps, even with a long term L5 disc (back) issue.
 This whole lightweight thing pisses me off. Its like people buying cars that are, "easy to get in" as soon as they reach 60 and have a few aches. Old lady in my street on crutches used to jam herself in her sons sidecar to go on holiday.
 People have been moving heavy amps for years, now its all about making it easy.
 Good job the forces don't think like that.

Edited by The Builder - 22 April 2012 at 8:23pm
It just is.
highlift2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlift2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 8:31pm

Originally posted by WHAT! WHAT! wrote:

Because thay are relaible, thats why.
There are many, many 20 year old plus amps out there still going strong.
This aint gonna happen with SMPS.
The other reason is I'm very strong, because I train a lot, so I don't have any issues at all with the piddling weight of a few 25kg or so amps, even with a long term L5 disc (back) issue.
 This whole lightweight thing pisses me off. Its like people buying cars that are, "easy to get in" as soon as they reach 60 an have a few aches. Old lady in my street on crutches used to jam herself in her sons sidecar to go on holiday.
 People have been moving heavy amps for years, now its all about making it easy.
 Good job the forces don't think like that.

So you lift amp racks with a "few" 25 kg amps inside and you have a back problem.Shocked
Dude, no matter how strong you are, it's only a matter of time until it gets completely fucked.
Alternativly, if your amp rack was full of SMPS amps you could also throw a couple of double 18" bass cabs (Ferrites) on top, when your loading in single handedly. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>