Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoop testing tunes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:38am
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by mans1000 mans1000 wrote:

Suprised nobody has said

PROPHERCYYYYY LOL

Thumbs Up

Many Reggae sounds have to stop track half way through, due to system clearly being unable to reproduce it.

The song is dangerous!!!

It is capable of destroying any sound system, i don't think i have heard another song from them days that can match the bassline on that song.

I must say i am tired of hearing it at soundchecks though LOL

It's a nightmare to find on vinyl, but you could switch it up whilst keeping the same vibe with this version:
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:39am
would it be remiss of me to ask for an artist or an acurate title for this?

PROPHERCYYYYY

sorry, reggae and dub is good stuff, but i'm just figuring out the really good stuff..
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 4:22am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

It's a nightmare to find on vinyl, but you could switch it up whilst keeping the same vibe with this version:

Dead LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 12 September 2012 at 4:29am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 6:43am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by mans1000 mans1000 wrote:

Suprised nobody has said

PROPHERCYYYYY LOL
Thumbs Up

Many Reggae sounds have to stop track half way through, due to system clearly being unable to reproduce it.
LOL
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:22am
I feel I need to say this when I saw lev putting that Tubby / Pablo tune.

Before I discovered the combination of Tubby and Pablo I did not really listen to music that much. Before I discovered them, I had heard barely heard about Bob Marley and had this stereotype of reggae being all jolly funny stuff that is listened when hanging out on caribian beaches. Then I hear Pablo's wailing, beautiful melodies and the way musicians played their instruments and the way Tubby produced and made all these incredible sounds... It was something completely different to anything else. The darkness and melancholy was something I felt I could at some level relate, living here in Finland in the middle of all the ice, frost and infinite darkness. I wondered how can this amount and type of sorrow and darkness be from caribian sea and then I started learning about them slavery days and the current state of Jamaica and other places. This happened when I was 11 or 12...

Angelic Symphony Dub has been one of my sound check standards for past year or two Thumbs Up

There are few DMZ / Deep Medi tunes that I seldom play, ones that come right up are Alicia and Anti War Dub (unsurprising)

Pretty much everything by Rhytm & Sound

Ceebrolistics - Ö ep, This EP I use for example checking how tight the upper bass is

Puscifer - Momma Sed, this one is mainly for checking out if there is any excess peaks in higher mids but it has some bass interest too. Everything should work.

Desto - Gremlinz, this youtube version does not make justice.

Desto - Cold VIP, the same

I forgot many, many important sound check tunes but these are what I tend to use for bass end. There is loads of Hiphop I did not mention, having said that, Dead Prez - Hiphop comes to mind. Smile
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:49am
Prophecy was re-issued so it shouldn't be hard to get anymore. Its been a notorious track for years - only weakhearts dont know this tune Lev.

There's a couple of Yabby U tunes that are nearly as heavy. There's a tune by Alpha & Omega from a couple do decades ago. It's digi bass but man it heavy! Anyone know this one? It's a bit of a landmark if you as me.nbritish band too.

S

Re hip hop tracks. I'd like to hear some long 808 kicks with the attack off over scoops -

Edit for 808

Edited by Sheggy - 12 September 2012 at 7:52am
Sagey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

There's a tune by Alpha & Omega from a couple do decades ago. It's digi bass but man it heavy! Anyone know this one? It's a bit of a landmark if you as me.nbritish band too. 

???

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

There's a tune by Alpha & Omega from a couple do decades ago. It's digi bass but man it heavy! Anyone know this one?

Maybe this one? The sound quality on the video is shit, but the tune is DEEEP! I have it on vinyl...... Smile

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:11pm
Also to note, testing scoop with tunes is not just about rattling floorboards and walls.

Also about rise and fall, and using tracks that cycle through complete sub range.

Edited by levyte357- - 12 September 2012 at 3:16pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 5:49pm

A couple of tunes I use to sound test. Prochecy is a killer tune and even though I have the og 12" the og Fox 7" drops heavier!!!!!!!Wink

LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Jamo Supa Powa 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamo Supa Powa 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 6:00pm

Simple but it tuff !!!!!!!!!!
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 8:48pm
you guys are killin me here, lol still no artist for Prophecy.  a few hits on google, but all for a single artist? maybe its not a song but an actual artist? sorry for the newby questian but literally its been like six months since i've started enjoying good dub music..not just the quickly available stuff in the u.s, which isnt much actually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>