Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line array Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 2:51pm

Blackcat, What was the result?

xvsolutions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xvsolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 10:55pm
hi

i am interested in trying to build this cabinet ..can you send me propper dimensions ?

thanks

BlackCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 6:29am
Hi

well, i did some "restyling" of my line array at the beginning of the year.
Satellites was changed, they are 2-way instead of 3-way, cabinets built from 14 mm plywood intead of 18 mm. Cabinet weight in assembly is 22 kg.
HF section has additional flares widening horizontal covering of HF to 90 degrees approx.
MF horn flares made from 5 mm plastis inserted into slots made with router in top and bottom walls of tne cabinet.
Subwoofers remained the same.
All cabinets including subwoofers has carpet coating.

BlackCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:06am
to xvsolutions: can`t see Your email...
ryanbairan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbairan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 9:40am
any one have a plan for dual 12 array?
lukelucas93 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 4:11pm
I was surfing and managed to find this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FILA-1000-line-array-kit-Pro-Audio-loudspeakers-/300644838600?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5351061908408115449#ht_500wt_1202

Its like a kit ! plans flying gear is all included
Noodles, Cabs and Booze - Student life
BlackCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 6:12am
Heh, our chinese brothers are really good! And who knocked me for my flying rig? Smile
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 10:42am
The flying gear from that ebay link is interesstin, the flare not so much. There is no waveshaper in the HF horns and no phaseplug in the mid horn, so there is advantage in terms of vertical coupling against the 12".
CCAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 2:30pm
I contacted Jeff at this company and here are his recommendations for drivers for his LA box

Hi William,

The recommended Driver are as follows:

The recommended 1” drivers the Eighteen Sound ND1075 (but this one is subjective to taste) but I prefer the Beyma CP385/Nd
The recommended 8” drivers the Eighteen Sound 8NM610 (closed back) RCF - MR8N301 (Closed back)
The recommended 12” drivers the Eighteen Sound 12ND930 neo but I would go with an ceramic equivalent

The rigging is set at a 10:1 safety ratio and with the present available design on our site, it can hang up to 24 box deep with stainless steel QR pins. Others only have a 7:1 to 8:1 factor but w e over engineered with safely first in mind.

Thanks

Jeffrey A. Forsburg
Forsburg Industries corp.
919-606-3443

In my early years my favorite phrase was "If it's too loud your too old" Now I'm just too old
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 5:42pm
see, now that makes it a bit more interesting.

The fact that he specs it with a decent, relitivly expensive brand of drivers like 18 sound, which many outside of the direct pro audio industry wont have heard of, actually shows he may know his stuff a little and makes me like the look of this all the more.

Even just two or three of them a side ground stacked on some subs would be interesting. While at that length of line they would basically just be vertically stacked reflex boxes and not a proper line array behaviour as such, they would give you the line array "look" and a with that quality of drivers still be a fairly potent and im sure great sounding system.

k

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 06 January 2012 at 5:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011