Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bertha BH-882 Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 7:39pm
they look loud, nice build 
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Disturbance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disturbance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:04pm
Looking really good so far, nice work! Clap
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­▬
              SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:36pm
Love the 'bat-wing' braces Thumbs Up
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 1:29am
:D I just got it all together and took it for a little test drive and all I can say is OMG. Im glad my closest neighbor lives over a mile away! Now for the extension. Muahahaha
Make it loud!
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 4:16am
Here is the rest of the pics.

And here is a little teaser of what is to come. Approve
Make it loud!
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 6:14am
Just curious I wanted to build these years ago for pro PA subs, how did you come up with the plans half cabinet? Also what frequency will you be using and what amp to power? Why did you go with B&C ferrite 18" driver is this the closest to original custom Eminence woofer?

Thanks!Wink
BASS, how low can you go!
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 6:26am
Boy, you got some toys in that workshop. Careful you don't cause an avalanche!!
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 4:07pm
T-bone, i came up with the plans for the single driver version myself. It was no exact science. The height is approximately half of the two driver version. I do not have a set frequency yet. It sounds good at 120 and has even more punch when ran up to 140. I think it will depend on the specific situation and if i have dedicated kick bins down the road. As for the amp, i currently am using a behringer ep4000 :'( but i am in the market for something new and fancy (any suggestions anyone?). For the driver i had someone sim it and it performed very well. I also wanted a driver that i could put into a 186 horn if i need something with a smaller form factor.
Make it loud!
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 6:38pm
Nice build by the way, I may build a couple but these behemoths I know are going to be heavy with BB ply. I would use Crest 9001 or CA12 because this cab looks like it needs raw power. I remember the full size with the Levan Horn extension powered by Crown Macro 5000 in a club in NYC it shook my car parked outside the place. LOL!LOL
BASS, how low can you go!
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 3:59pm

NICE (Car and Cabs LOL)

Would you be adverse to sharing the plans?
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 5:37pm
http://hornplans.free.fr/bh882.html
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 12:02am
To be perfectly honest with you guys one of these is more than i will probably ever need but i just picked up 5 more sheets so im hoping to have the next one done in a week or two. If you're wondering 'my' version takes about 3 3/4 4'*8' sheets. Ill have extra wood now for the extensions etc.
Make it loud!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>