Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ovaldezkep2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovaldezkep2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 10:40pm
That should stay on and should be flush against the baffle. The opening should be 136mm Dia.
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 10:53pm
That is correct.   The NS6 drivers should be used as is mounted firmly againdt the baffle.    The direction to remove the rubber ring was for the full size Boomintor   
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 10:55pm
How are you guys making out with your builds?
Wrecks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 11:18pm
I actually routed a small extra "step" in my baffle holes to accommodate the ring and allow the metal mounting bracket to sit flush with the inside of the baffle. I allowed everything to fit together nice and snug.
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Wrecks Wrecks wrote:

I actually routed a small extra "step" in my baffle holes to accommodate the ring and allow the metal mounting bracket to sit flush with the inside of the baffle. I allowed everything to fit together nice and snug.

I didn't find that necessary.   The NS6 Mini dimensions in the sketchup file were spot on when I built mine.   It is important to make sure that when you glue the drivers to the baffle with silicone that they are pressed to the baffle firmly.   
steffen2911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffen2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 7:44am
Hi. 
i'm almost at the point of closing it all up. I have been waiting for the speakers for such a long time, that i had everything ready when i recieved the package. All i'm waiting for now is a last minute decision of inserting a bluetooth 4.0 module. The KRC-86B to be exact. I will be posting a picture when it is all done and painted. 

Thank you very much for the drivers, Aterren.

There is no end in pursuing.
ovaldezkep2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovaldezkep2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 4:40pm
Hi Aterren,

I am finishing up the wood work, I'm now routing out the dados and Rabbits, double and triple checking all dims so I dont mess it up. Hopefully this weekend i finish with the routing and start glueing up the speakers. 

Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 4:48pm
That is great!   
nikolajbrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2016 at 4:51pm
I just finished the base, braces etc. and gluing it together. Unfortunately my router it's and my new hole saw is off 0.5 mm which will make too big a hole for the tweeters.
So I need to order new plates for fronts, and route holes again with new bits.
Otherwise all parts have come. Making x-overs tonight, and front layout Friday. I haven't decided if I want my aluminum front to be front or top yet. Top would be coolest, but might interfere with carry handle.
It has to been done by Christmas. Can't figure out if I want to paint it either. My sp-60 mini is unpaired and looks really cool.
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2016 at 5:15pm
The handle on mine easily spans the top mounted panel.    I routed two lines just deep enough for the panel, did the glue up, hand cut the center section out an then used a flush mount bit to clean up the edges.    The result worked out very nice. Let me know if you want a photo.
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 6:00am
Originally posted by nikolajbrinch nikolajbrinch wrote:

I just finished the base, braces etc. and gluing it together. Unfortunately my router it's and my new hole saw is off 0.5 mm which will make too big a hole for the tweeters.
So I need to order new plates for fronts, and route holes again with new bits.
Otherwise all parts have come. Making x-overs tonight, and front layout Friday. I haven't decided if I want my aluminum front to be front or top yet. Top would be coolest, but might interfere with carry handle.
It has to been done by Christmas. Can't figure out if I want to paint it either. My sp-60 mini is unpaired and looks really cool.

This could also be a solution, two hooks or similar at the ends and a strap for the shoulder.
I like this one better, for the easy carry.
cryzies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 6:53am
I'm trying to convert the Sketch up file for the version1 to a 12mm version. And I noticed that the sketch up might be a little off?

https://imgur.com/a/K5XNm

I measured the inside dimension from speaker panel to speaker panel (front panel to back panel) which should equate to 74mm + 74mm + 12mm. Speaker depth + speaker depth + 12mm board in between.
Using the specs sheet provided, I used 82.4 - 8.4 since that's part of the woofer, right?
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/299-030-factory-buyouts-ns6-255-8a-specifications.pdf

Anyone know why the sketchup lists 182mm instead of 160mm? That's a big gap and the point of moving to 12mm boards was to get rid of the gap. I'm surprised no body has mentioned this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 102>