Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ovaldezkep2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovaldezkep2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 8:49pm
Saturns thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely take it up. Now the next thing I'm worried about, is properly sealing the speaker at the bottom its a bit hard to get my hand in the bottom center of the speaker. I guess ill have to cross that bridge once i get there. 
uzip498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzip498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2015 at 6:09am
Hi are these inductors the correct ones to construct the filters for the Aura NS6 mini? Thanks

2X- Jantzen Audio 0.56mH 18 AWG 0.36 Ohms
2X- Jantzen Air Core Coil 0,22mH 0,205 Ohms

http://speakerbug.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=354&search=0.56mH - http://speakerbug.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=354&search=0.56mH
http://speakerbug.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=329&search=22mH - http://speakerbug.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=329&search=22mH

adjustablegroover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjustablegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 11:02pm
Hello all. 

I've been following Saturnus on a number of forums, and greatly appreciate his wealth of knowledge and time given to us to use freely for our own audio pursuits.

I've also been super keen to learn more about the new mini Boominator that he is working on. 

I understand that Saturnus is well deserved of seeing his design put through a production run for the goal of finally making some money out of all his hard work.

My suggestion to Saturnus is to consider using a crowd funding project like Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/

to get financial backing to help get the Boominator mini into production.

I think that there would be many of us willing to donate to such a great product, and as thanks for all the knowledge and time given freely to us. It's time for us to payback...

You keen?

Cheers 

Guy
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 11:33am
Would also be a good way to get it more in the mainstream
electricpedals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricpedals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 6:42pm
Hi guys

after spending a lot of time reading everyone's thoughts and ideas, I came up with my own version of the Boominator, which I call 'The Owl' a system, based on the Boominator design, to bring educational films to some of the remotest parts of the world. It's a battery free portable cinema system that is powered using the energy from just one person, it's so compact you can take it on a bike anywhere in the world!

The Owl is now flying to Sénégal for it's premier Cinecyclo Tour: a 3000km bicycle trip involving 40 screenings in villages without electricity. 

You can see it here:

http://www.electricpedals.com/the-owl/

Amp, speakers, crossovers from http://www.accusafe.nl/. Really nice kit.

Wrecks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 10:16pm
Nice build and a cool product. That said, it is not a boominator and this thread is not the appropriate place for you to advertise your product.
uzip498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzip498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 4:58am
Hi would it be ok if i put the filters inside the speaker enclosures? Im looking to minimize the width of the electronics compartment but im worried that the sound quality will be affected. Also i want to use pet wire mesh with speaker cloth behind it to black out the drivers, would this block out the sound to much? Thanks
Wrecks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 6:41pm
I put my filters inside the speaker enclosure.  While they take up some space, I don't think it is enough to have a significant impact on performance. Just make double sure that all your connections are good before sealing everything up - I had a loose contact and needed to saw into my speaker compartment to fix things.  

nikolajbrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2015 at 3:29pm
I put mine inside as well.
uzip498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzip498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 4:18am
Cool ill do that then, cheers. In trying to keep my mini as light as possible can i construct it entirly using 6.5mm birch ply without having to reinforce the baffels?
Earnest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earnest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by adjustablegroover adjustablegroover wrote:

My suggestion to Saturnus is to consider using a crowd funding project like Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/

to get financial backing to help get the Boominator mini into production.

I think that there would be many of us willing to donate to such a great product, and as thanks for all the knowledge and time given freely to us. It's time for us to payback...

I second the idea of a kickstarter campaign, Boominator mini would be better than most of the things you see on there. 
Wrecks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 2:35pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "not having to reinforce the baffles" but my recommendation would be to just follow the plans as put together by Saturnus - everything is there for a reason and everything has a purpose.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 102>