Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steffen2911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffen2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2016 at 9:37pm
Well i don't know. I'm just building half of the mini.
nikolajbrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2016 at 9:43pm
Ok Smile
dextrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dextrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2016 at 9:57pm
IIRC the mini used 4 instead of 8 Ohm drivers, to maintain the low impedance that is useful for 12v powered rigs. I'd up the voltage for 8 Ohm drivers I guess, but that's up to you.

I was hoping maybe someone could forward the package from Denmark. That would still be cheaper than sending stuff from the States. Found something for ~30€. But in the end that does make it all quite expensive, and I guess I'll have to keep hoping that Saturnus will find some time to show a new Mini-design at some point in time.

Saturnus, any news on that maybe?

Cheers

dexter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffen2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 11:48am
I'm alright with the 30€. Is it possible to get two tweeters and crossover parts for one channel? That would be great. Smile 
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 1:54pm
I would be interrested in a full set, 4 drivers, crossover and tweeters.
But also depends on the price. My vaulet doesn't allways agree with the amount i want to use :(
ovaldezkep2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovaldezkep2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 3:30pm
Hello Atterren,

Would you be willing to sell me a set of 4 with tweeters and crossovers? I am very interested and live on the same side of the pond (Chicago, IL). Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 7:39am
I'm ok with the price as well, and hope I get to buy 4 drivers (+ filter parts and tweeters).

Nikolaj
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 11:50pm
Okay I finally pulled together costs for shipping to the Netherlands.  Here is the breakdown:

The crossover and tweeters for a normal 4 speaker build are $85.   I have the xo parts on hand for two builds and tweeters for 4 builds.  The tweeters are currently out of stock.

Shipping to the Netherlands is $150 and paypal fees are 3%.   This works out to $229 for drivers, tweeters, and XO or $144 without the tweeters and xo.

What I would need is one person to make payment, take receipt of the drivers, and deal with the local distribution.   

What are your thoughts?   I can also be reached at:   "a t e  rren @ optonline(dot)net"
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 4:57am
Folks, 
 Given the radio silence after posting the costs I'm assuming that the cost is just a bit too steep.   I don't think it will make much difference but for transparency, below are the cost for the cross over parts from PE (assuming quantities if 4+ and no shipping cost) as well as the shipping costs.   After looking at this I could knock of $5 and still be even.   If there is any please drop me a note otherwise I'm going to move these things back into my storage room.

Edited by Aterren - 18 August 2016 at 12:53pm
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 7:32am
I am still realy interrested, but theres just been lots around my ears, and still are.
My landlord just told me and my fiance, that we got 3 months to find a new place to live :(

I think i will be able to sort out the money next month, but not sure with all the moving and moving cost :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 7:45am
Hi Aterren,

I guess the shipping would need to go to Denmark, and not the Netherlands if I'm correct? I don't know how that would affect shipping costs?

I'm also uncertain if this is a bulk shipping, where one needs to pay and receive all parts for everyone, and then distribute afterwards, or if I just buy it from you, and you ship the parts I need to me?

I'm still in for drivers+tweeters+xo parts, but I would prefer to buy it directly from you, as the risk of having a lot of money out there, that I might not get back is just not something that I like a lot. I guess the missing feedback to you, is probably because others are thinking the same thing Smile

So if it possible, I would like to buy 4 x drivers + 4 x tweeters + 2 x parts, and have it all shipped to me?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffen2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:26am
I'm with you Nikolaj, but i do not see why we should not just ship it in one Big box. This could really save us some money.
Where do you live in Denmark? Ganon or i could be living right beside you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 102>