Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC-112 mid top similar to MT-121

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC-112 mid top similar to MT-121
    Posted: 09 January 2013 at 3:17pm

Greetings fellow earthlings, basically I've designed a mid-top consisting of a 12" & a 1" HF. What I really need is someone with Hornresp skills to help check the response as I'm a complete novice and cant get my head around it.

Very similar to  MT-121 / TDA MT-121 except the driver is in a ported chamber as apposed to a sealed one. also wider, not as tall and deeper than an MT-121.

If my calculations are right the 12" flare will play from 100hz-1200hz and the 1" 1000hz-2khz but until it gets run through Hornresp I have no idea... can you even run a 'ported flare?' through Hornresp?

Also, how would you go about getting freq response charts for the cab as a whole not just the 1" and 12" horn flares separately? 

Please help!

Edited by Venny - 09 January 2013 at 3:24pm
Predominant Culture Sound System - Roots and Culture

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Venny Venny wrote:

...What I really need is someone with Hornresp skills to help check the response as I'm a complete novice and cant get my head around it...

For anyone to help with HR you'll need to put up the full plan so people can work out the info needed to put in to HR. Also you'll need to say what drivers you're planning on using... and, if it's not a standard driver, a link to the T/S parameters.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

...What I really need is someone with Hornresp skills to help check the response as I'm a complete novice and cant get my head around it...

For anyone to help with HR you'll need to put up the full plan so people can work out the info needed to put in to HR. Also you'll need to say what drivers you're planning on using... and, if it's not a standard driver, a link to the T/S parameters.

Yeah mate I know, but I'm not guna piddle about doing all that if nobody shows any interest in helping anyway Smile

Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 7:15pm
It will work, however you need to keep a very careful eye on group delay and phase for a midtop.

Hornresp isn't difficult, give the sims a go, then post the inputs etc and then others can check you're doing it right and you get the skills too that way.

BTW I wouldn't use a 1", a 1.4" or bigger would be happier down there.
Don't test the champignon sound
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Yeah mate I know, but I'm not guna piddle about doing all that if nobody shows any interest in helping anyway Smile

Kind of shooting yourself in the foot with a rely like that. What djeddie is saying is that the pictures you have uploaded has no measurements in them so its impossible to figure out port tuning, and rear chamber volume without the measurements to then convert it into input data for horn resp. 

Your horn looks like a conical horn so  S1 (throat area) and S2 (mouth or the horn) as well as the distance between the two (double click L12 until it says 'con'then input your distance between the two) will have to be figured out. Then rear chamber (minus 12" driver and HF horn/driver and port volumes) will have to be figured out then the cross section of the ports combined and length of the ports will have to be calculated. There all correspond to inputs within horn resp. And as long as you have a driver in mind you with the driver parameters in the correct boxes you will gain your result.

Put up all the measurements that you have for your 'design' and i will show you your inputs for horn resp, but as its said above its really not had to learn. 

If your really struggling upload your file to the google 3D warehouse and ill reverse engineer it for you to show you what your output will be, and hopefully explain a little more about horn resp to you. 

'Piddle about' or learn horn resp by yourself... up to you...
Poll this!
Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:37pm

@ Wrek0ne

My point was it will take a while to draw up plans so I wasn't going to waste the time if nobody such as yourself was going to be so kind as to put it through hornresp. But lucky for me you're willing to do me a favor!

So, on that note i'll either get some plans drawn up or upload it to google 3d warehouse but id rather save you the hassle since you're doing me a favor. 

expect plans soon!

thanks mate

loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:20am
Joe, just upload it to the warehouse, its a 3 min job and a shit load easier for Charlie to just download and see what you've done.

If you make plans bro, he's gunna have to build it again, thus making it longer init.
Team DB
Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by loonie loonie wrote:

Joe, just upload it to the warehouse, its a 3 min job and a shit load easier for Charlie to just download and see what you've done.

If you make plans bro, he's gunna have to build it again, thus making it longer init.

Can you pull something that you've downloaded from the 3D warehouse to bits then? i thought it was a fixed object? or should I leave a side & the top off the cab off or something?

cheers broski

loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 4:55am
Nah, it just shares the .skp file essentially.

Here, have a go on my some of my stuff - http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=1efe07340e73f9c364bbf5e7f6da1bd2&ct=mdsa&prevstart=0

Just finish up the model, upload it, and offer Charlie lots of tea and back rubs LOL
Team DB
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 4:58am
Oh, BTW, if the model is surrounded by a blue outline, just right click it and select explode.

That could be where you were struggling Wink
Team DB
Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:20pm

Right click, explode... learned something new there!

Why thank you Mr. Lunan, Smile

hopefully be seeing some plots soon!

loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 6:57pm
Sketchup is finicky at the best of times man, people usually group their panels together light that, and then group the whole lot.

Good for making cut-lists and all the rest.

Everyday a school day bro!
Team DB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>