Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS System refurb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:10am
Have you been drinking again SMP?

Read your statements above back. There was no need to get on your horse.  No one insulted you. It is quite the opposite.

You also know nothing of Tony or myself for that matter. No one else is showing off.

You will find some very educated help on this Forum. There are some 'proper' clever buggers on here who give much help. Most tend to keep a lower elevation of their abilities and try not to put people down. Some of us are retired, semi retired and have a wealth of knowledge and experience ready to freely share.

I recently helped a friend with a mould for a car. You can mould anything, it's just how and time. The only problem is the mould storage. They are huge.
Billy Dawg.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:10am
well Tony You continue with your delusions that you know all there is to know about GRP moulding and I will do what i do
You obviously do not have great deal of knowledge or experience in the field so best leave it to people like me who do and are experts in it and clearly do not see it as impossible i will shortly have one of the said horns winging it's way to me so I can take it to the bench and make an assessment of it but looking at it from the bad photo sent as a link by JBL Man it certainly seems difficult but a can do as it stands but of course i have so far only discussed as a possibility i as a rule gather all the facts and data before i do anything or give a firm opinion of something or indeed somone perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here but for remains to be seen

best regards mate 
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:15am

I am almost ready to commence with pre-production mould for this one then to make the production moulds for it in a week or two looks farly good in the daylight so thought i would shre
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Have you been drinking again SMP?

Read your statements above back. There was no need to get on your horse.  No one insulted you. It is quite the opposite.

You also know nothing of Tony or myself for that matter. No one else is showing off.

You will find some very educated help on this Forum. There are some 'proper' clever buggers on here who give much help. Most tend to keep a lower elevation of their abilities and try not to put people down. Some of us are retired, semi retired and have a wealth of knowledge and experience ready to freely share.

I recently helped a friend with a mould for a car. You can mould anything, it's just how and time. The only problem is the mould storage. They are huge.

i know an awful lot of Tony we have spoken on many occasions i know his work very well

but his limited knowledge on this field speaks volumes

it is entirely possible it can be done in 1 piece but that is something that still remains to be seen let me have the opportunity to do just that and show you i have moulded far more complev things than car panels which are a "Doddle" do it with my eyes closed almost

I really need to go out now or would love to continue this discussion but have to go get a sick bit of electronics to fix  i need it for sunday evening so need to get a move on to get it on the bench and off again working which is never a problem usually
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:24am
Do you have a rear view pic?

I did not state car panel. I stated CAR. It was a 'doddle'.

I have to go too. I need to work in my orchard. This retirement is great.

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 05 October 2013 at 10:26am
Billy Dawg.
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:27am
Why don't you explain how you would do it? Rather than just saying Tony is wrong and you are right an leaving it at that.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:46am
now there is a good point AM55  trouble is it was never asked ... just conceited assumption I could not do it nor is it possible to do it

but as nobody has save yourself I do not wish to give away such knowledge at this point as I said have a Horn coming to me to see what magic can be done coz apparently the general consensus is that is what will be required instead of techniques used to do stuff like this that I have done before

I have a horn I need to send pics of to someone that itself has a "Negative" profile it accoprding to Tony is an impossible pull by his set of criteria but i have sucessfully pulled around 30 of them to date still have the moulds in storage should the recipient of said pics like them he will purchase some and then so may others who knows all they need do is choose a colour and finish texture and i will make to order

and yes retirement is great but boring but i will not be here for too much longer as I have a Beach Club to go and open and a villa to build next year i will be in the Sunshine and frankly cannot wait till it is time to leave my Biz partne is out there now sorting out the lazy locals that are doing the build i will of course be taking a couple of 40ft containers with me as i need a big rig out there for the beach parties and live concerts as I have access to so many international acts who will be more than happy to come play & perform now that is my idea of retiring sod UK had my fill of it now
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:46am
gone out bye catch ya later
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:02am
What a charming person!!
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

What a charming person!!

And modest too!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Do you have a rear view pic?

I did not state car panel. I stated CAR. It was a 'doddle'.

I have to go too. I need to work in my orchard. This retirement is great.

damn still here  bloody keyholders make a time then ignore it!!

er why do you wish to see the rear view? can do if you wish but that part need more work for the driver mounting it is just a Glass sheet datum point at present for the time alignment not much too see till maybe Monday or Tuesday when i should have the "Former" completed

I really should have included the Clay Plugs in photos but not much of a photo taker or keeper for that matter but for the next one i shall do the whole process from scratch and make a thread of it it will be a 2 x 10 or 2 x 12 hornloaded LF this one already has a 2 x 8 ducted reflex enclosure in same footprint and in all variants inc the weatherproof one

If you are interested the MID/HF horn has a hybrid type of horn i am experimenting with at present will need to do all the measuring soon MLS or something like but also need to look into the CE testing as I know virtually nothing about it at all as one variant is a weatherproof type of enclosure probably with a 70Volt option and integral fly-mount they will be available in BS & RAL colours i have a few orders for some so need to push it along so the install company can try some out

when i sod off overseas my friend will run the day to day here i can do all i need to do from there gives him a new lucrative job hopefully and me profit and more income to develop the 6 acres over there plus i need more land and yet more land!!! as I intend to bui;ld a villa in a remote part with beachfront stay away from the punters and tourists perfect peaceful isolation no people YAY!!!!

bloody keyholding firms are a joke need access to my kit today not when they deem it time
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:26am
Well I think in the cause of great entertainment, we should carry on. Every now and then this type of thing crops up which keeps us all amused and this is definitely one of those times.
So my friend, as you seem to be like a dog with a bone, I'll give you this to chew on, If you had a 2350 horn and laid up in side to produced a pattern you would not even be able to get the pattern out of the horn without an angle grinder and a chain saw. But having made the pattern of the desired shape in the conventional way, you would still not be unable to pull  it out, unless you made the mould as I suggested with the removable cores.
The only other way objects can be taken out of moulds that have undercuts in them is to use latex and then peel it off, but then you need a rigid two part mould to support the latex. Not Rocket science and all been done before.
I am really looking forward to seeing how you will pull a horn off of a one piece mould that is jammed on because of it's shape.

spelling check.

Edited by TONY.A.S.S. - 05 October 2013 at 11:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>