Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo 15 Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
K M Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K M Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo 15 Build
    Posted: 09 March 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

for the size they pack a big punch, great design...... you should hear 8 1850 loaded cubo 18's...... mental......

That i would love to hear,

Much between the 15" and 18" version of the design?
Was very impressed with the 15's when i had them.

But curious will it be worth building 18's instead,
for the price i get the 15" drivers for i could probably build 4 Cubo 15's for the same cost of 2 cubo 18's loaded with Fanes.
Dub-Sidious of Kollective Mindz
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:22pm
for the size they pack a big punch, great design...... you should hear 8 1850 loaded cubo 18's...... mental......
https://www.elements-audio.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K M Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:06pm
I borrowed my friends 2 cubo 15's to go with mine when i had to provide sound for a small night club (just under 80 people) for a private party. Boy was i suprised how much lower and louder they was going,

driven by an berry ep4000 2 cabs a side and they sounded excellent, really nice warm bass that hit you hard.

Im sure they would sound even nicer driven on a top end amp.

Dub
Dub-Sidious of Kollective Mindz
DJ-Versatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 7:51pm
I've heard nothing but good things about these cabs, definitely going to build some myself in the next couple of weeks tidy build mate! Clap
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 7:40pm
haha, nice. my neighbors will probably end up hating me.

is that bridged so you have 4ohm load? 2 per side?
what are they like under the hd15's? was thinking of building some when i get round to it.

i need some kick bins to balance the sound out anyway, slightly bass heavy at the moment xD
Mrd999 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:34am
I have a pair sitting under 4 hd15's, want to build 2 more in the summer,also have them set up at home and my neighbors hate me,they don't half move some air, got them running on a bridged ppx 900  Smile.
Hopefully they will get some use outside this summer,just means I have to take a door off that leads to my stairs to get them out Smile

Edited by Mrd999 - 07 March 2013 at 10:36am
What goes around, comes around
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:27am
Cheers :)

yes, i am amazed at how nice they sound. still haven't managed to get them on full yet though as they are at my parents house at the moment.

Taking them to a pub for a few hours in a few weeks so will see how they handle that xD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K M Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 1:03am
Good build!

Pleased with the sound of them?
i built a pair last year and they were absolutely brilliant for the size / weight 

Dub
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 12:37pm
nice, should sound descent :)

I doubt I will ever throw away/ sell these, they are the first ones I bought as well xD
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 2:32am
lol... i bought some cheap 10" drivers and removed the ones that were in there and it changed the sound... for the good... i'll stick mine ontop of me THAM12s once theyre built and see how they fair!

..thas rite i still have them tucked away somewhere. cant bring myself to chucking them out as they were my very 1st speaker/amp package i ever bought!

might even stick in another cheap amp and crossover and sell on a a mini party rig!

at least they will get use then and i can use the £££ for a DSP/DSM
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 2:27am
sweet :) they sound alright with the cubos beneath them. The 15" ones lack in the mid bass at low volumes then lose a lot of the bass at higher volumes. definitely been worth the money though :D
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:20am
no harm mate... i had the 10" version in me bedroom next to me decks. theres feck all bass in them but did the job for me room
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>