Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Guidelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Guidelines
    Posted: 15 December 2006 at 12:54pm

Recently there have been certain polls and decisions made on what should/shouldn't go on here.  As i had to hunt a bit to find the following quote i thought it might be useful to have this as a sticky until one of the admins has a chance to write it up and place properly and create the new section.

Also, perhaps one of the admins can make it sticky temporarily, as i don't seem to be able to do that.

Edit: yes I do!  lol 

Right, back to the forum. All cabinet building services talk stops right now. Vivo can you make a section called Independent Building Services. In this section there will be a list of cabinet builders and the builders themselves are not allowed to post. In fact its just a web page with the builders names, telephone number, email address and website address if they have one. No one can post on this page and there are no photos of work or prices. If you’re as good as you say then you should be able to build anything, right. Just name and contact details and they will have to be entered by admin only. People may also enter other speaker related services, like fibreglass manufacture, HF horn making, crossover manufacture, component supplies and grill making. 

This disclaimer will need to be put at the bottom of the Independent Building Services page.

“The above list are all independent contractors. Speakerplans does not endorse any of there work nor accepts responsibility for their business practices. The above contractors are listed here purely for convenience and are not associated with Speakerplans in any way.” 

Edited by norty303 - 15 December 2006 at 1:06pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 12:58pm
Excellent Idea
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 12:19am
i'm cool with that

but norty could you change that pic? im actualy starting to think i am talking to that geezer off the really fast show

Edited by mykey - 16 December 2006 at 12:31am
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 11:16pm

If we'd have been forced to do real names, i would've been Dave Angel....

james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 6:53pm
out of idle curiosity, what's company policy on people asking for plans for current commercial cabinets? i quite like the general tactic of steering people towards comparable open source designs, but yeah, was there anything decided after discussion of this subject?

james.
mardy hippy.
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 1:38am
Originally posted by james folkes james folkes wrote:

out of idle curiosity, what's company policy on people asking for plans for current commercial cabinets? i quite like the general tactic of steering people towards comparable open source designs, but yeah, was there anything decided after discussion of this subject?

james.
Would asking for them be punishable ? Or would providing them be the denominating factor?
What about the builders that build them how will they be punished?Perhaps we should all inform on them ? Maye the companies that are being ripped off should be brought up to date on the situation.........!!!Yes calls for an iron fist ..............
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 1:15pm
Hang everyone i say.

As its ben a little slow off the mark, i've now added a new sticky to 'For Sale' where people can post their details.  I'll collate them once there's a few in.

Please keep it to simply name, company name, services offered and contact details.  I'll add the disclaimer that Rog wanted when i collate for the first time.  Any further additions can be PM'ed to a mod who can add to the locked thread.
darsh11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darsh11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 8:47pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... nice one norty.

but idont get it.. y r we making such a big issue out of names?

anyone can use any name ...right?
major_gloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

If we'd have been forced to do real names, i would've been Dave Angel....

wasnt Dave Angel a techno DJ from the mid nineties? (as well as a character from the fast show)
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 1:41pm

I,m good-2-go wit datStar

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 2:27pm
Quote wasnt Dave Angel a techno DJ from the mid nineties?

Still is
Dayveboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayveboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 4:17pm
Dont forget the 10 posts before you can put a post in the For-Sale section! Wink
Its all Gravy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>