Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 1:08pm
never heard any of the (mini) short scoops. i use full size scoops & EV T18's which are kind of a small scoop.
i would like to here the mini scoops some time but i'm a bit far away just to make a journey to shortmans for a listen.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:41am
Another builder has his own style of mini-scoops which he's added a few of his own trinkets to.

A few mates of mine prefers this size as they are much narrower than Shortmans design.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Another builder has his own style of mini-scoops which he's added a few of his own trinkets to.

A few mates of mine prefers this size as they are much narrower than Shortmans design.

Still looks full size almost, certainlly the top picture.

How big is the scoop in the bottom picture? Smaller than a normal 15 inch scoop?
Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:16pm
No way, they are larger than a standard scoop. Ive been to his workshop and the pics lookin decieving
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:14am

Originally posted by Tom Umney Tom Umney wrote:

Still looks full size almost, certainlly the top picture.

How big is the scoop in the bottom picture? Smaller than a normal 15 inch scoop?

Toxic, both the pictures are exactly the same size cab.

They're about the same size as a 15'' scoop, but sounds better.

Originally posted by Sunil Sunil wrote:

No way, they are larger than a standard scoop. Ive been to his workshop and the pics lookin decieving

Both of you must have used a camera before ? I know you do Toxic, so you must understand angles, aperture, macro & so on.

Sunil, I know 100% you're on about the 2 large scoops either side of the 186 folded horn cab in Ultimate Sounds workshop, ain't it ? These pics are not them.
These are the short scoops you saw. The pic was just taken close up.

I'll put up the pics of the later ot the cut-off (mini-scoop) I collected.

You wanna see the mid-tops cabs...Criss no bombo.

You wanna here those scoops which are larger than a standard scoop loaded with a PD1850...
I think yourself would be frightened. It's a shame you couldn't come. I'll be back up there again soon.

A next thing, no pre-amp used, & it sounded serious.

Edited by Tekasis - 07 January 2007 at 1:19am
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:36pm

Ultimate Sound's Designs

Edited by Tekasis - 07 January 2007 at 9:37pm
Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 5:33am
Flipping hell, i love those midtop cabs. They look sexy. lol. Yeah man i rate his designs anyway, i told him that. Im sad i missed out on the testing session though. Oh well. Another time....
Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 5:38am

Lynx, how deep is the mini scoop. (as in size)

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Sunil Sunil wrote:

Lynx, how deep is the mini scoop. (as in size)

73cm (28.75'')
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:54am
the phase bungs  look like they came out of a megaphone?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 5:29pm
There's a reggae sound system from back in the day from over the waters (Nth London) called "Gemi In-Ting Magic" Any of the old time ravers remember them ?

Well they have a few Mini Scoops now, they've scaled down a bit, & the amount of calls coming in regarding these, it seems as if a lot of sounds nowadays are using these mini's, due to their size & the way they perform, & parking up the full size scoops.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 12:27am
east London
i know gemi magic

ask trev4unv about mini scoops he was using red one's made by some yank when you lot were still playing with action men 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>