Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 8:22am
Big up Tekasis
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

They're Shortmans Levyte. 

I don't think JTS makes scoops (anymore), he has a few of these too as seen on the University of Dub post.

Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

so is that the v18 1000 tekasis
i've never seen one

Yes Mykey, That's a v18 1000 loaded in them.

As soon as I have time, I'm gonna try one of the Volts in there to hear how it sounds, cause I know you speak highly of them.

It's a pity it can't fit into a standard super scoops ain't it.

well they must fit into Shorman's because the panel is far back, i had to mod all mine by cutting a circle out of the baffle then replacing a piece behind, quite simple really 
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

well they must fit into Shorman's because the panel is far back, i had to mod all mine by cutting a circle out of the baffle then replacing a piece behind, quite simple really 

Mykey, do you reckon this is a better choice of doing this to cater for deeper drivers, other than deepening the rear chamber slightly, or adding a 2nd baffle to the front of the cab ?

Once the scoop box has has been built & it's then realized the driver can't fit, ain't it too late to do it your way ?

Edited by Tekasis - 11 March 2007 at 5:11pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:48am

edited - Collated & moved questions on Mykey's scoops to: http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9657&PN=1

Edited by Tekasis - 29 April 2007 at 11:15am
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 11:53am

Edited by Tekasis - 29 April 2007 at 12:34pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 12:14am

Edited by Tekasis - 06 May 2007 at 12:17am
Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 5:41pm
Is the turbomax driver yours Tek??
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:27pm
Mi borrow it!!! Why, you selling me one of yours ?

Come on mate, sell me one ah yours, I'll bring up a Mini scoop or a full one, which ever you prefer, to your front door, fresh out the workshop, you pay the petrol, sorted. Heavy weight-line for bedroom.
We even go check Mr Ultimate, & see if the mini can rumble down his big scoop.
What you saying ?

Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:52pm

lool u dont give up do u

Cant do it maaaan. I love them too much. Gonna get my boxes sorted anways. So things should be up and runnin soooon!!!
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 12:32am
If your thinking of making a mini scoop or comparing other mini scoops, wouldnt a Looney or 1850 Horn sound better that mini scoops, for the overall size of the cabs, would the Looney or 180 Horn sound better.
What do you guys think ???

Edited by CHAMPION - 20 May 2007 at 12:35am
Sticks n Stones
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 12:56am
Well Champion, don't know if you heard this lot in Notting Hill carnival couple years ago...

+

There's 20 Looneys there, which were in 2 stacks. It sounded good, but needed more low sub.

I'd put my money on 20 Mini's shaking that lot up on Sub-Bass, maybe not high punch bass.

Listening to Lord Gellys down the road with 12 scoops (A.S.S I think) sounded more solid.

Edited by Tekasis - 20 May 2007 at 12:57am
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 2:14am
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

If your thinking of making a mini scoop or comparing other mini scoops, wouldnt a Looney or 1850 Horn sound better that mini scoops, for the overall size of the cabs, would the Looney or 180 Horn sound better.
What do you guys think ???

Not a chance mate.

6 1850's will  get approx lower 40's - 150hz flat, with superb kick.

4 looneys Will get you the above.

4x 186 horns sound lovely, would get you to flat to 45hz,  but not as much kick, and not as much SPL.

4x correctly built/driven mini's with 1850's, V18, Bline 800 would get you thunderous SPL 35-60, but MUST have kick bin. If not crossed less than 70hz, the 80hz & above would overpower all the sub.

So Choose where you need the SPL. Heavy heavy sub + kick bin, or flatter response without kick bin but lower spl.

Edited by levyte357 - 20 May 2007 at 11:42am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>