Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Public Address System For School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 1:56am
Or just shout louder?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 2:02am
Don't even suggest that, we will all be out of a gig!!!!

IP controlled zoning is the way to go!!!!!

fowzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fowzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Originally posted by fowzan fowzan wrote:

that did not help in any way

Oh I'm sorry - a leading public address and paging equipment manufacturer suggested to you is no help?
Then try this.

Open yellow pages.
Find a company who knows what their doing.
Subcontract job to them.

Happy to help, princess.

i said i was new to PA systems and i had no idea what equipment to use. moreover i posted in newbie forum to get additional help.
and your reply TOA will have what you require was just WOW. why use this forum? just mention "TOA is the best PA and paging system manufacturer and it will have all that you require" on the home page itself
fowzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fowzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

As suggested, a 100 V line will work, I'd run a single 100V loop and get some 16ch IP controlled relay boards to switch the individual speakers in or out, distribute your switches around (8ch ones are cheap, so use 5 of them, use a simple web page to select zones, maybe use the thing inverted so default on failure is selected and you "de-select" as required (IE Use NC not NO contacts on your relays!) put the whole party in a different subnet to the school lan but on the same core switch and you will be fine!!!

this kinda thing is what I would use :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724913886?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724913886?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

If the school has no LAN you may be in sh1t, poss use DMX controlled switchers, the same relay boards would talk to a 0-10V DMX controller, or just go old school and run 7 cat-5s back with a switch panel to select rooms via these relay boards...

Use diodes if you want a "select" all switch!

Smile

thanks for the help. i will dig into this. this sounds reasonable and economical. have no idea on how the network relay works. will buy one and experiment and put it to use
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 2:37am
PM me if you want, we have a few distributed POE solutions that my work for you, more cash (POE switches, active heads etcs, but in a very distributed site work great!!!!)

Smile
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by fowzan fowzan wrote:

Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

As suggested, a 100 V line will work, I'd run a single 100V loop and get some 16ch IP controlled relay boards to switch the individual speakers in or out, distribute your switches around (8ch ones are cheap, so use 5 of them, use a simple web page to select zones, maybe use the thing inverted so default on failure is selected and you "de-select" as required (IE Use NC not NO contacts on your relays!) put the whole party in a different subnet to the school lan but on the same core switch and you will be fine!!!

this kinda thing is what I would use :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724913886?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170724913886?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

If the school has no LAN you may be in sh1t, poss use DMX controlled switchers, the same relay boards would talk to a 0-10V DMX controller, or just go old school and run 7 cat-5s back with a switch panel to select rooms via these relay boards...

Use diodes if you want a "select" all switch!

Smile

thanks for the help. i will dig into this. this sounds reasonable and economical. have no idea on how the network relay works. will buy one and experiment and put it to use

Honestly, if you're new to PA I would consider finding a pro to spec it out/take it on. I've done a few installs in my time and I wouldn't take that job on. There's been a few good suggestions, I would look into that.

PS - The PBX solution doesn't have to require a phone and can be mounted pretty much anywhere, it can just be a loudspeaker and trust me some of them go plenty loud.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 3:19am
The guy is in India, a BCM-50 with a DSM-30 module and telsets would be massive money.

India is alive with clever people, innovation is what that live by!!

Smile
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 3:57am
With the amount of call centers out there I'm guessing there wont be a shortage of a local equivalent.

That said I have a full Avaya IPOffice system with Digital and Analogue trucks for sale which may or may not do the job.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 4:00am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

With the amount of call centers out there I'm guessing there wont be a shortage of a local equivalent.

That said I have a full Avaya IPOffice system with Digital and Analogue trucks for sale which may or may not do the job.

Oh Sh1T....

PMSL!!!!

LOL
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 5:28am
Clown Oi I've been trying to get rid for years.
fowzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fowzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 9:22pm
cannot pm anyone on the forum. probably a restriction on the forum for newbies? any other way of contacting you?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 9:32pm
no, you are a newbie.... and quite a rude one at that.
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>