Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Funktion One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penduluminsanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 11:01pm
fk1 sounding good ????????? no way, and i was at drum code and trust me it sounded s**t in fact it was so shit ( ops ) that i could not stay there for the night, who the hell would want to copy fk1 ffs????????
if you are going to copy rig then please pick a rig that sounds good. the only reson that any one would copy fuckshit 1 would be to try and make it work and sound nice oh and get as much money out of it as pos and buy a good rig 
psplaserworld and rigs
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 12:32am
Well there you go, sound is subjective. I thought in one particular room at one particular drumcode event it sounded great.

Everyone is entailed to their opinion...

Ill choose not to share my opinion on your comment LOL

Edited by Grubbah - 03 December 2013 at 12:58am
penduluminsanity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penduluminsanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 12:49am
please do 

i have been told all sorts of things about my opinion over the last twenty five years of running raves and doing rigs for them

psplaserworld and rigs
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

Originally posted by Lee83 Lee83 wrote:

Majestic, was the club called Digital? I was in there a few weeks ago and their dance stack was far from impressive. No guts.
Still, I've heard it sounding fantastic.
I reckon when the Chinese learn to come up with their own great designs were all screwed.
Soon it'll be the choice of work like the Chinese or work for the Chinese.

yes it was digital.
im not sure if the chinese will ever come up with their own great pa systems. they are good at copying and manufacturing but they dont seem to understand many technical aspects. i used to work for a chinese performing arts company and although they were very creative, they had difficulties with the production of the shows

I was there this Friday just gone for Turbulence presents Virus Recordings, and I agree - it sounded weak for that kind of music :/
Majestic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by GEB GEB wrote:

Who's your friend with 100k of fk1? I presume it's for hire?

he lives in spain, he is a good friend of my brother

i never heard his rig when i was there, but i did another f1 rig that sounded rubbish, no bass at all, and the midtops were really unbalanced. obviously they are a complex design, so if crossover points and time allignment are off, it will sound bad.

the best thing about f1 is that it looks good, especially if your off your face, so thats why it is so popular with the dance scene
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Lee83 Lee83 wrote:

I reckon when the Chinese learn to come up with their own great designs were all screwed.

Chinese don't need to come up with their own designs.

Greedy Western companies, looking to fleece customers, shift production to China, making huge saving on manufacture costs, and then charge the same price or more to customers.

Then Karma bites them in the ass, by Chinese reproducing these lovely designs they were given, but just putting in "Mr Wongs components". LOL

So in a number of cases, if you buy the Chinese duplicate, and replace drivers with something half decent, & with parameters fairly close to the original drivers, well...

E.g., A certain Turbosound 2x18 BPH China copy, is stellar with the right drivers..

Edited by levyte357- - 03 December 2013 at 8:04am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 8:30am
I have heard F1 sound mediocre several times. With all DSP presets on the F1 website i can't understand why people are stating wrong deployment all the time. It's fucki.. simple to enter the presets, set gain structure and maybe do a little room EQ. If this isn't enough to make F1 sound good then there is something fundamentally wrong with the design. My old floodlight rig sounds great every time with only simple LR filters and no EQ.  

A Danish club installed F1 Res 2 tops and never got i sounding right. They pulled it down and installed old Turbo TMS-2 tops. It now sounds great.  

Still F1 delivered the best club sound i have ever heard was in the Armani club en the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Very loud and body moving but still very clean and nice to your ears. They also have a lot of gear:

16 x Funktion One F101 loudspeaker; 4 x Funktion One Resolution 3P speaker; 4 x Funktion One Resolution 2P speaker; 4 x Funktion One F121 bass enclosure; 2 x Funktion One Resolution 1.5TT speaker; 1 x Funktion One IB-218 bass cabinet; 2 x Funktion One RM-15 stage monitor

4 x Funktion One MB212 mini bass cabinet; 5 x Funktion One F-60Q amplifier; 5 x Funktion One F-40Q amplifier; 2 x MC² Audio E-90 amplifier; 1 x MC² Audio E-15 amplifier; 3 x XTA DP-448 processor; 1 x XTA DP-426 processor

Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 9:14am
I wonder if Funktion one stuff sounds so bad so often is because people just rag the crap out of it?

Maybe they are expecting too much... Like trying to get 210mph from a mondeo?

I can't really speak from experience because the only times i've heard F1 was at Nottingham Goose Fair on one of the rides and a recent Destruxion event at Fantasy Island.  Goose fair was awful. Not a single bass cab in sight!.  Destruxion was just too much for the room.. I've heard worse though

Edited by Plaguesguitarist - 03 December 2013 at 9:15am
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 9:33am
This is the guy who claims to be the uk distributor for the TPA copies
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Plaguesguitarist Plaguesguitarist wrote:

I wonder if Funktion one stuff sounds so bad so often is because people just rag the crap out of it?

Maybe they are expecting too much... Like trying to get 210mph from a mondeo?

The other day I was looking at an F1 install going into a room at a club near me. 23,000€ for 4 cabs. That's some mondeo. Shocked

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 9:41am
I've always liked the look of the System, but isn't one of the problems the handling power? I know this has nothing to do with sound, but a system than doesn't handle much will get pushed beyond its limits in todays Dance Scene.
DJRava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJRava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 10:41am
A definite reason it can sound crap is mis-use.
Especially not using enough boxes for the coverage required. 
With the Res5, the whole point of which is to have very precise vertical and horizontal dispersion control.
There's a supplier in London who regularly uses these 20 degree dispersion mid/highs,on their own each side - as main Left and Right cabs.
How is that EVER going to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>