Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Church wants beams for easter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Church wants beams for easter
    Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:37pm
We have been asked to provide this effect for a small church building at Easter. The cross is built and illuminated but they want some beams of light shining down. Have told them we need to hire a hazer but they don't have enough power available for us to hang a bunch of Source 4s off the ceiling. So any suggestions for  some solutions that don't need loads of amps from the mains would be very welcome

Edited by oldskool - 19 February 2014 at 4:38pm
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
London Sound1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Sound1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:54pm
You could try pin spots.

Ian
We know what most of the knobs do

http://www.soundengineer.co.uk
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 6:25pm
Or possibly LED pin-spots Wink NOT LED par cans, as they will not be beam like and spread out. If they want them to move then you will be looking at Sharpy Beam type movers. If static then as mentioned pin spots / LED pin-spots, or ACL type par cans with narrow beams, you might be able to find narrow beam Par 20 cans (smaller than 64/56, bigger than pin-spot physically in can size).

Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 6:31pm
You can get LED beam movers which might do the job. Mine use about 0.5A each and look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_s4kU2Wa5o
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 6:44pm
Do they have to move?

If not:

http://www.martin.com/product/product.asp?product=rushpin1cw

Really quite bright, and not expensive either. Very light too.
audioman1 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 7:02pm
Hire in some L.E.D movers... Be sure they are the 60w version to get anything as bright as your typical discharge mover.
Audio/ Visual System design and Installation
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 10:50pm
Quote Be sure they are the 60w version

Watts is a poor way to judge LED head brightness TBH.

My Indigo 4600's (30W) are 20% brighter than the 4500 before them (60W)

Optical quality is just as important, particularly the primary focus.

t0m and I have 14 of those LED movers between us if you wanted a hire for Easter
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 12:28am
I used to have some pin spots on steroid (about 3 times the size), no idea where they came from but I think had 24V lamps and would have worked quite well.

If you just need static beams, then a few bars of ACL's would work.  Only downside being they're usually pre-rigged in 4's which limits how you distribute them.

supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 8:40pm
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301089233736

Showcase are based in West London. Nice guy
 Post Reply Post Reply