Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend me the following:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend me the following:
    Posted: 01 March 2014 at 6:21pm
Simple rack mounted CD Player ideally with ipod/minijack input at the front with a master volume control.

Basic ish DMX desk that I can supply with lights/leave at gigs just running simple things.

Wireless Mic with rack mounted controller. This is for dry hire for family dos ie weddings, birthdays etc.

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 6:36pm
surely that would be wet hire as the gear will come back covered in drink

ba dom tish

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 12:58am
That's a sticky issue for some
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 9:17am
Brit row Have still got some of those 1u Sony CD players can't remember the model numbers. before the world wide digital invasion they were absolutely everywhere. Bomb proof.

Think they were looking for just over a ton each.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 9:39am
I bought  a new Gemini 1u unit. Its very good sound quality wise and has some good features. It's also solid.
BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 9:59am
Buy a sennheiser EW100 G2 (ch 70) or G3 (ch 38, needs a licence) - it'll be more versatile for hire Out, and its construction means it's less likely to break. Larger investment than a cheapie, but the residuals mean it will cost less in the long run (g3 anyway) . And it'll sound much better than a cheapo too.

Edited by BradRWills - 02 March 2014 at 10:00am
Please check out my covers band! HERE!

And my live sound blog too! HERE!

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 10:08am
Weddings and Parties is the criteria, I don't think he will have to consider satisfying a Rider.
BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 11:57am

But given that the cost of ownership is roughly the same  (say Sennheiser will cost £100 in depreciation in 2 years, and is solid as you like, whereas a £100 cheapo will invariably break and be un-saleable in 2 years) - to my mind, it's a much more sensible purchase to buy a quality piece of kit.....additionally, if someone suddenly asks for a mic hire for a live gig in the future, the kit is up to it. 

Just my opinion - but I tend to work on the criteria of "buy cheap, buy twice".

Please check out my covers band! HERE!

And my live sound blog too! HERE!

AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Brit row Have still got some of those 1u Sony CD players can't remember the model numbers. before the world wide digital invasion they were absolutely everywhere. Bomb proof.

Think they were looking for just over a ton each.

I used to have loads of these, grey 1u units but sadly a lot if them developed fussy lasers and they didn't have anti shock so they were useless in bass heavy situations, I remember using one on a live PA and let's just say, it was quite embarrassing have to hold the rack up in the air for 10 minutes until the PA was over!
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 6:30pm
Yep thats my experience of the CD11 (IIRC).
 Post Reply Post Reply