Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21 under test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 1:22pm
sn95, mods deleted posts, just spam....
https://www.elements-audio.com
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 2:22pm
Thanks B
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 9:09am
Tony, any more news on the testing for the 2 cabs?
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 9:46am
Jazzy, I have completed some more testing, and this was with an 1850 horn cab, I have a customer who has 8 of these and is looking to extend the bottom end. They already have R2U mid/hi cabs on the top, so last Monday the comparison test was done. This is covered in the General Forum under ASS SLO V 1850. Page 2 at the moment.
The actual results shown aren't the best ones as I tested with 6 different throat openings. and the figures shown were just with a particular setting at the time, so the difference in the figures will see an improvement on those shown.
NEO Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEO Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:57am
Tony, 
Do you think the 21" is more capable of more non-linear excursion than the 18SW115-4? I have the 18" and I am able to push it to it's limits, but the 21" has less linear x-max on paper too so I am curious about your opinion of the driver. 

Limiter testing, I have ~360v p-p on tap, so this is close to but not quite clipping the amp:

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 2:28am
hows this going then? id love to hear these bad boys plus try and move one. 
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:41am
I was fortunate to spend an hour or two at Tony's worskhop yesterday discussing various things the way we all do. There were 4 of his 18" scoops there and I had forgotten just how big they are but these 21" brutes are huge. You are all going to need plenty of box boys to move them around once you've bought them.LOL
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 2:39am
So........whats the latest Tony?
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 6:27am
Well, I've still trying to find time to get my customer down, because we have to do the final comparison test between the two cabs. They want 4 at the moment but won't know until we compare whether they will go for the Scoop or the Horn cab. we will set up two stacks and then play. They already have the R2U mid/Hi cabs in their system. The 1850 cabs that they have will be on top. They are more Tehcno than anything else so it could go either way. I'm hoping for next week at the moment. It will be done down here on the Farm where I work. Will post results.
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 7:19am
It's got to be the folded horns for the techno heads.  Tony what dsp setting do you use?
The 'drunken master' strikes again.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:18pm
The DSP settings won't happen until the whole rig is up, although that can happen at the next test. What has become apparent is that both cabs give quite a boost to that elusive bottom octave from 20-40hz. The fact that you can put 2k of power into each speaker will also help with the balance of the setup. It will be interesting to hear if my DBX 120 adds anything as well. Good things to look forward to.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:34pm
Dbx 120a will cause seismic activity down under.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>