Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any one used a Cortex HDC 3000 controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one used a Cortex HDC 3000 controller
    Posted: 20 August 2014 at 10:19pm
I am thinking of getting a Cortex HDC 3000 controller or similar.

Any one used one or own one. What are they like and the quality of the saved files.

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 10:35pm
be aware that Gemini ( coretex) have gone bust, and im not aware of any onward support / spares / updates etc. Personally, i'd buy something else! 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 9:22pm
I've used the smaller (1000 I think), but thankfully not in any professional way. That one had some serious latency issues... almost like you could press "Play", go and make a cup of tea, have a dump and read the paper, and when you got back it might've started actually playing.
Having said that, sonically it wasn't that bad and the build quality was actually quite good. But as csg has said above, there are some issues to be aware of.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply