Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dimensions/Outlook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 6:33pm
More Incubus, these are MEAN!

Happy as a pig in the swamp that was the ballroom Sunday night with the Airmotions! funniest part was the DJ booth was just wrapped in tarp, saw a few lads waltzing around in their bare feet! 

Edited by waurma - 02 September 2014 at 6:35pm
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 6:55pm
Just read something about a generator blowing up because of the rain?

Assuming this was over dramatic crap?

Didn't lose anything in the down pour toasty?
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 7:19pm
The weather is shite over there.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 7:43pm
ya pissing rain here at the minute, sunday night weather was biblically bad
Goodvibetribe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 12:35am
Generator got struck by lightning apparently. Quite believable if you were here, Weather was insane sunday night. Dunno if any kit actually got damaged but rg Jones wouldn't turn either of their stages on after that.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Goodvibetribe - 03 September 2014 at 3:27am
George c - www.gorilla-audio.co.uk facebook.com/gorillaaudiohire
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Goodvibetribe Goodvibetribe wrote:

Generator got struck by lighting apparently.
LOL! LOL

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 8:46am
If the generator did receive a direct strike, then chances are, if the generator was still connected to the stage, considerable damage was caused. No amount of trips / RCD's will do anything when the voltage involved can jump the distance lightning can!

And, off course, being an "act of god" in the eyes of the insurance companies, no cover either.

so, lets hope the genny was really well earthed, and it went to ground there, not downstream...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Lee83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 8:54am
According to the stage manager I was talking to last night, it hit a railing above the fort which somehow still plunged the place into darkness but as far as he knows only an XTA and a few CDJ's got pasted.

Edited by Lee83 - 03 September 2014 at 8:55am
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 5:02pm
Incubus looks like a Cylon, mean as...
music is the message
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 5:08pm
a female cylon with madona boobies.
music is the message
mucsavage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucsavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 10:30pm
Just got back from a month travelling around Europe, was working at Dimensions.

Rhythm & Sound on the Mungos rig was one of the best musical experiences of my life, just complete and all encompassing intensity, follwed by Mala, proper night dancing.

The Moat was brilliant, really comfortable to be in there all night long, I coudn't leave for the Hessle/LIES night. There was some proper 90s techno played at the end in there that night and it was heavenly.

Was in the Clearing for the Sunday night piss down with Floating Points/ Motor City Drum ensemble. Sound was unreal, vibe was amazing, thunderous showers would fall and the crowd would cheer even more wen the rain would get heavier. Proper party vibes.

Also have to give a mention to the rig in the Fort Arena on the Sat night, particularly when Special Request was playing. I may have preferred the Void Psycho rig that used to be in there.

Toasty, I think I may have met you, I was one of the site volunteers helping to put the trees and foliage in the cages at the Garden stage when you were setting up on the Wed. At least I think it would have been you.

Epic weekend, cant wait to do it next year.

Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 4:03pm
Gutted I missed them this year, spent nearly 3 weeks out there last year, had the closest apartment block to the beach fully booked out with friends, one of the best times of my life. Going next year definitely. Crazy about the lightning strike!

Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

i went there last year and liked most of the rigs a lot, didnt like one hog/es18/void tops system, tops were good but almost no sub. and o.b.f., as much as i like their musical style, i find that tops are too loud and subs not subby enough...

Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

@David ,exactly my thoughts for last year! The guy said they have some power problems or something and OBF is a tinnitus machine lol, blackboard much better.

They did have power issues, shame as usually <20hz is a very nice rig. Agreed on OBF, Blackboard was so much heavier and generally nicer.

Edited by Autograff - 17 September 2014 at 3:41pm
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>