Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a stonecold Matrix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 8:21pm
That is very peculiar.

Usually they are flaming hot.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 11:07pm
Charlie... have you tried just ringing Andy and asking him directly what it is and if its modded what the mod was that makes you think its a class AB?

...for a smart guy your "people skills" let you down on a daily basis... and thats coming from a guy that has met you and likes talking to you!!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 11:38pm
Lester I have info from the guys that owned it before I replaced it with better. I am not so bothered about myself just do not like how they were ripped off IMHO. It really is a piece of Junk how it was imagined it met the given brief is beyond me a BK Electronics Amp can outperform it Sonically as did a Carver, Crest, Turner, Rsuch etc quite a long list of others that bettered it with ease

And as i have said on many occasions I keep it blunt and to the point I do not need more friends i already have plenty and not on here to foster more of them do not see this as a means to create friendships as I do not give a toss of how other members see me or consider me as a person just as an Audio Engineer I do not need them to like me just respect my knowledge and abilities is fine by me.

I also know I grate on some but Fukem so what not important to me and as you say a "Smart Guy" & for some that is an issue in itself that's why I have others who deal with the people aspects of Business I do not do it myself at all just as they do not do the tech aspects i do seems to be working well enuf business is growing exponentially as a result
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 11:57pm
Like I said, if it's faulty, send it back, we'll sort it.

If its working as designed and you don't like the sound of it, sell it, there's plenty of people who do.

End of story.
Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 12:05am
no it;s fine it belongs to me now not the Client. I will investigate it in time see what is all about and if necessary do any mods required I like it;s light weight just sounds awful i can correct that it is not so difficult to do for me. The Client is more than pleased with the replacement I povided
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 12:13am
did you not decide you liked matrix amps a few months ago?
am i remembering that wrong?
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 12:49am
there were aspects of them i liked  eg weight but after tests we decided they were not good enough sonically and they were difficult to service due to being mostly SMD technology we had sent them out on hires they were easy to move about but when we tried them ourselves we noticed the sonic shortcomings for ourselves and decided against them.
we had hoped they would be a good cheap/economic short term solution to our needs but they turned out to be not so useful ok for  LF duties at a push but not for our active or FR passive uses for which we have decided to build our own 3 & 5 channel units using SMPS to reduce weight next year
We have to be choosy as lower sonically able amps show very easily with our loudspeaker systems i have a stock of Rauch, Modded PPX, Carver, Crest which sound fine but are cumbersome & heavy so not ideal we have now 200KW of Clones on stock or on their way to us but they are only for LF duties I need Lighter units totalling  300KW for the rest of it which i will need to build myself to achieve the sonic performance I want/demand for stock Amps

bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 1:18am
should've taken the blue pill...
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 4:57am
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

should've taken the blue pill...
...im keepin that as quote of the year! Lol
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 9:35am
Do you use Class B amps? No wonder your system sounds so loud (and hurts the ears)...   Confused

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Do you use Class B amps? No wonder your system sounds so loud (and hurts the ears)...   Confused

only on LF most are AB apart from Carvers & Crest which I would call kinda B as class H isn't really a class at all but a topology
anyway we have done this bit B & AB are somewhat the same
and who said it hurt ?? I think you confused there I have several systems & more coming Mr Tengo refers to another crew that used some kit I owned but not a complete rig just bits loaned to them for a beach party many years ago
I also think you need to learn a little more about amplifiers and how they work coz a little knowledge such as you seem to posess  does not a considered opinion make you
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 1:30pm
You donĀ“t get, or do humour, do you?

From the ESP site, on Class B:

"In the above, the crossover distortion around the zero volt point has been deliberately exaggerated so it's easy to see. In reality it can be quite subtle, but is almost always audible, even if a distortion meter shows that overall distortion is quite low. The total harmonic distortion of the amplifier I used to simulate the above was about 1.4% at full power(120W), but because of the nature of the distortion it would be judged (quite rightly) as "bloody awful" by any passably competent listener."

LOL

Edited by Earplug - 16 September 2014 at 1:32pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>