Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yet another driver ID

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 1:37pm
....yes but will this drivers work in a line-ray?

Lol

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 2:07pm
SMP knows best remember...
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 3:13pm
Dear dear  Tony, 

one has to wonder why anybody deserve's such opprobrium.

lets see what has he been up to....

Glastonbury festival system

Tms3, Tms4 & rest of Tms/Tsw range

Flashlight, Floodlight

F218, 

Dome R9 & R4 carbon honey comb, 

R1/2/3/4/5/7 series

F221  (Bass bin of the gods)

MT10

VERO

etc etc etc

Arguably some of the most popular equipment ever made. 

Also very hands on, often to be seen friggin in the riggin and a whole lot more that remains discretely discrete... 

Now lets look at some of the achievements from folk who love to strut their stuff from behind their keyboards.

Oh dear seems I cannot think of a single thing.  

Please remind me if I have missed anything out.

and no 414 does not count, sadly neither does blue and silver 

With love commited Fk1 user.

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 3:14pm
No, Jimmer knows all.  Jimmer was voted most audio guy evah, and his speakers are known throughout Norfolk.  He once sailed a 2x18 to Taiwan single handed
music is the message
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

No, Jimmer knows all.  Jimmer was voted most audio guy evah, and his speakers are known throughout Norfolk.  He once sailed a 2x18 to Taiwan single handed
...with the drivers reverse loaded!!...made out of MDF!!!!!!!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

Your quite right, he was. I believe Jimmer has nicer floor rugs too and doesn't do his system tuning through 'youtube'!   
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

F221  (Bass bin of the gods)
Hear my D21 first

Did a A/B test in Indonesia and the owner of the F221's crew tried to hide their laughter
Mykey Wattco
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 9:01pm
@4d  Agreed, it's just those damn F218's keep appearing in singles and doubles in completly unsuitable clubs, ergo no sub and bass in the car park.
 Not his fault.
 Do F1 do a reflex range? If so there are a few places that want to get rid of those 218's IMHO
It just is.
BlueDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlueDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

but you didn't say what you think they're a rip of off.

At the risk of dragging things further off topic, I'm pretty certain he meant "rip off" in the sense of being over priced - like saying "I really like that pub but it's £4.50 for a pint of Fosters, complete rip off". Rather than the alternative of unauthorised use of someone elses designs/ideas...
Goodvibetribe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

@4d  Agreed, it's just those damn F218's keep appearing in singles and doubles in completly unsuitable clubs, ergo no sub and bass in the car park.
 Not his fault.
 Do F1 do a reflex range? If so there are a few places that want to get rid of those 218's IMHO

Yes they do 
George c - www.gorilla-audio.co.uk facebook.com/gorillaaudiohire
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Paint would not bother me unless the chassis requires it for corrosion protection. I have, recently, refurbished several F1 cabinets that were subject to a lot of water damage over the course of some time and none of the bare chassis had any corrosion damage, so i'm guessing these do not have the magnesium content that old HH etc drivers had.

As for the terminals, i'd rather have a decent spade connector that can be securely crimped, or even better soldered than some horrible push button that only gives you the option of inserting a stripped conductor. 

if the driver works out a little cheaper to manufacture without paint and flash terminals, so much the better...

+1
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by SMP SMP wrote:

sure but these are not. these are genuine F1 not copies. they are however very badly tooled. and I know a lot about various kinds of moulding. And these are just quite simply bad tooling. were i to make copies they would be better tooled. But I have no plans to do this of course as it would be a waste of time & materials.

I will admit i was very surprised at how bad they are and how they get away with it.

Tool LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>